Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS.....

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS.....
Hi Nosliw; yeah, I was raised in Bellevue, have a sister in Mt Vernon, and during spring & summer I display my car at shows all over western WA. So I do get over there quite often.

No downhill or tailwind statistics, this is all legitimate.

For Valentines, I'd better pay attention to the wife, rather than be out in the shop polishing the tractor.......

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #13  
I assume you didn't buy the tractor to use.

Andy

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #14  
bill6 said:
Anyway, I spend alot of time cleaning and waxing the tractor. Even after 90 hrs of use, it is so clean, I almost hesitate to use it for fear of getting it dirty. But there's lots of work to do; box blading, moving piles of rocks, spreading gravel, disking the field. So, I work it fairly hard, but then it takes me HOURS to clean and re-polish it.

I remove all 4 wheels and wax the backside of the wheels, and put rubber tire dressing (the wet look) on them. I wipe down the entire underside. I remove the floor deck mat, and wax the steel deck. The whole FEL gets wiped down & waxed. The toothbar gets touch-up paint to keep it beautiful.

The machine is kept in a heated garage. I did my own 50-hr service and spent 6 hours on it. High-end synthetic fluids all the way around.

The wife says I should sleep out in the garage with it. And 3 nights ago, she reports, I was mumbling tractors in my sleep.

Dude, you can borrow my tractor anytime you want. Keep it for the weekend. She likes long walks in the field, midnight strolls around with the rototiller, and endless summer sun with the FEL going up and down. (Hint, if you give her some Road Master fuel and a shot of Stanadyne Performance she will purr for hours and be extra responsive to a firm yet gentle touch).

Don't forget to show your apreciation by waxing the underside of the engine covers. Drives 'er wild!

jb

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #15  
bill6 said:
Hi Nosliw; yeah, I was raised in Bellevue, have a sister in Mt Vernon, and during spring & summer I display my car at shows all over western WA. So I do get over there quite often.

car shows huh.. there something different about yours?

i have a bad habit of changing the directions of threads other people make.

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #16  
AndyMA said:
I assume you didn't buy the tractor to use.

Andy

who says a guy can't use his machine AND take care of it?

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #17  
Why did I know that he had a desk job?

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS.....
....I am a financial advisor for a large company, and at my desk all day I get antsy to be in the field, ripping up hard ground with the scarifiers on the box blade. I've been daydreaming of this and soon (March 11) daylight savings time will be here!

A clean tractor is a happy tractor, also being clean, my visual inspections won't miss any leaks or cracks...

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #19  
The first step to recovery is to admit you are powerless.
Bob

/ Oh no, I think I have TRACTOR-ITIS..... #20  
I will never wax my tractor.
I will keep it under cover at all times.
I hate waxing my car.
You are very sick :D :D :D
If you are in Wisconsin, come on over, you can wax anything you want in my barn.
Bob