Stuck Kubota

/ Stuck Kubota #31  
Seems funny that such a benign looking place should be able to trap your tractor. Well, from this side of the computer anyway! Not so much funny from your side. Couple questions, do you have your tires filled with fluid? The extra weight is helpful. You were in 4x4, right (just had to ask!) and you did use the differential lock?

Here's how I would have attempted to get out. First, I would have raised the box blade up all the way. Then made sure that the tractor was in 4x4 (yes, I "forgot" a couple times in the past....), in low range and would have stood on the differential lock. Then slowly slowly slowly put pressure on the peddle to go back wards.

If it made it back out to solid ground - great. If it starts to slip, I would raise the FEL some, un-curl the bucket so it was all the was down and then lowered the arms and curled the bucket to help push the tractor back wards. It takes some coordination to do it all at the same time!

There are more advanced techniques that use the FEL bucket with a chain. You then curl the bucket to get either forward or reverse (chain under the tractor) progress. You typically have to block the wheels as you reset the chain.

Tire chains would be good, but for snow and ice you absolutely need to have the links interconnected. H-bar chains and chains with circles are good. Otherwise there is little to no resistance to sliding sideways. Trust me, it draws a large negative pressure to have forward and back ward traction but have the tractor sliding sideways downhill whenever you move!

jb

/ Stuck Kubota
Renob,

No offense taken. Even though I took the comment differently than intended I still thought it humerous. I have found most if not all fellow TbNers to have a great sense of humour and have not seen anything but good natured ribbing to date. My wife and I are quite capable of dishing it out as well as receiving it. Bottom line is please don't think you insulted me. I had quite a laugh when I read your post.

Best Regards,

Hagman

/ Stuck Kubota #33  
Looks like the FEL should have been able to push that right out backwards. Might of had to cut a little brush, but thats minor.

/ Stuck Kubota #35  
I am with Deadman, as it appears that the FEL would have had enough to lift the front axle, while the boxblade is raised, putting more weight on the rear tires, and then uncurling the bucket should give it a starting bit of motion. Might take several thousand trys to get it far enough to allow it to move under it's own wheel power, and a little practice to get it going, but the FEL should bring it out.
David from jax (where there is no snow, most of the time)

/ Stuck Kubota #36  
hagman said:
Here you go fellow TBNers. As you can see it wasn't buried just too much ice underneath the snow to get enough traction to get out. That plus it's at the bottom of a hill that's approximately 10 ft tall.

That's exactly how my 2320 was stuck on Wednesday. Sideways, down a hill, brush and some trees on one side. I went to my JD dealer and bought chains. They only had the fronts, so I took those home. Put'em on and managed to get out. :D

I ordered the rear chains too while I was at the dealer.