Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    B7610 Kubota

Default Stuck Kubota

Well I finally did it. Got the B7610 stuck on the side of a hill. The snow is so deep that I hand shoveled tire tracks from my storage shed to the road but the grade was so steep that this time I just slid sideways down to the side of the brush barrier on my property. I have a neighbor that works construction so he will help me when he gets home but no clearing for now. I'll post pictures later so all can see what not to do when driving in snow. The bottom line is I'm just going to have to learn how to operate a tractor better in the future.

Hagman
    Stuck B7610 w/FEL & Box Scraper

Tractor
    International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader

Default Re: Stuck Kubota

I was stuck once, that was with my Ferguson 30. We had 25 inches of snow in March and even with chains on the old girl had problems. It was no fun shoveling it out by hand but had no close neighbors to help.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

hagman:

I would be lying if I told you I have never been stuck. I have had to be pulled out, come-a-longed out, and dug out in mud and snow ! I would say that many of us in TBN land have gotten stuck. I hope that with each "stuck experience" I have had I will be less likely to get stuck again in the future, but I will probablly get more "creatively stuck" each time I do get stuck .

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

That is justification for owning more than one tractor.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900

Getting stuck is a lesson in reality because we have all done it. I don't go into winter without tire chains on. They go on the rears in the fall and don't come off untill spring. Rubber tire on snow or ice does not provide much traction.
    M-5040 w/cab, 05 RTV 900, Where the maple sap flows

Tractor
    L5240

Another great use for my logging wench.
    Honey, just because it's fun doesn't mean it isn't work...

Tractor
    all makes and models

Where we are it's been snowing for a bit, we don't have what they do for snow not to far north but I've been having fun with an L-3650gst with a kubota loader with a larger FFC snow bucket.

It's on industrial tires and they are loaded with calcium but It does spin a lot. It's started fine with out being plugged in all winter.

They will dig more then turfs when hung up on the banks but I think they spin a bit more when clearing the blacktop bare.
    With giving it about five minutes of above idling warm-up I get started at a reduced speed until the hydraulics and the engine are fully warmed.
    About the same amount of time and the unit is shifting as if it was 70 degrees and the cab is warm and it's not a chore at all. Unfortunately in about ten minutes I've milked all that I can out of cleaning the drive way.

Tractor
    all makes and models

Where we are it's been snowing for a bit, we don't have what they do for snow not to far north but I've been having fun with an L-3650gst with a kubota loader with a larger FFC snow bucket.

It's on industrial tires and they are loaded with calcium but It does spin a lot. It's started fine with out being plugged in all winter.

They will dig more then turfs when hung up on the banks but I think they spin a bit more when clearing the blacktop bare.
    With giving it about five minutes of above idling warm-up I get started at a reduced speed until the hydraulics and the engine are fully warmed.
    About the same amount of time and the unit is shifting as if it was 70 degrees and the cab is warm and it's not a chore at all. Unfortunately in about ten minutes I've milked all that I can out of cleaning the drive way.

Tractor
    JD2555 and a few Allis Chalmers

Any trees nearby, that you can hook a com a long to and get it out?
    What size tractor is it? FEL?
    I have managed to stick my JD so many times, I have perfected getting it out. Most times I can get it out in under an hour, when buried to the frame. Not bad for a tractor that weighs 7,000 pounds. I keep the stuff already loaded in the truck, it happens so much (reason I am looking at a 4x4 tractor)
    David from jax

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by mwark
    Another great use for my logging wench.

Did she help push?

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast