Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 220-4

Default Bearing

Looking for a site where I can cross reference a bearing. Need a bearing for the front end of a MF 4WD. I have the parts manual with the old part numbers. This is a Massey Ferguson 220-4 made in 1988. Dealer told me the bearing was not available. I am guessing other tractors used that bearing.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Default Re: Bearing

There should be a brand and number on bearing/ also most auto truck parts place should locate by measuring size of bearing.

Also in larger citys are places where bearing are there main business and can locate almost any bearing.

ken

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

Massey didn't make the bearing. It was made by a bearing manufacturer. Your old one should have some numbers on it and those can be cross referenced to get a modern replacement. If you can get me the number I can cross it over for you.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 220-4

Unfortunately the bearing failed in multiple pieces. Thus far I have not located the bearing number. If I know the tractors and models that used the same bearing, I would have a better chance of getting the bearing.

Thanks for the input.

John

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Also there is tractor salvage yards where the bearing although used would be
    obtained.
    What area of Ark.? ken

Tractor
    Ford 3910

Sikeston, MO would be a good place to start for a used bearing... lots of tractor/equipment graveyards around there.

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Mornin Trainer,
    If you cant cross ref a nomber on the bearing you can do this. Mic up the shaft that the inner race rides on and mic the bore where the outer race rides and than go down to your local NAPA dealer and give him those numbers.
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B7200D, B8200D

Just out of curiosity, was it in the diff or one of the hubs? If it was in one of the hubs, pull the matching bearing out of the other side and match it. Guessing it isn't that simple though.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 220-4

Ken, I am north of Clinton.

This bearing is on the end of the front axle where it goes down to the front drive. It is on the right side if you are on the tractor. This bearing is about 8" in diameter and very thin. At the present it looks like I may have to pull the bearing on the other side to get the bearing number. Hate ot tear down both sides to get the number. My guess is when I get the number I will learn this same bearing is in a JD or kubota. I know this bearing was in a Hinomoto (sp?). It is my understanding this tractor is no longer made.

Tractor
    NH TC33D, JD LX188, Wheelhorse414

At Smithville there is a tractor salvage yard. They might be able to help you there. I think it is Emison Equipment. I don't have their phone number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast