Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer????

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #21  
I have a Troy Built 2600 psi with 5 HP honda engine. 2.5 gpm. Works flawlessly for the past 3 years. Bought at Lowes for about $400. All of my friends and relatives think that it works great for whatever they are doing. It seems to be one of those things that spends more time being borrowed by someone else.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #22  
I got the Landa gasoline powered steam cleaner pressure washer from Power America. I need the hot water to steam grease, grim off frame and vacuum pump on my work truck. This winter I bought a winter kit. Reel, 100 feet of hose and ice tip to thaw frozen culverts and sewer lines. I have to keep plumbing anti freeze in it during transport to jobs , it has frozen once from cold temps. and the water pressure dropped from faucet at house we were thawing. I bought this machine because it has a protective frame and four all terrain tires to move it around. There is no battery because the pump is DC and the motor has an alternator or power source to make DC. I buy their clean shine detergent in 30 gal. drums. plowking

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #23  
When I was shopping for a powerwasher, I wanted to get one that would have parts available when I needed them.

I looked at both Landa and Hotsy. They where running about $3000 for a 2000psi 3gpm machine w/hot water.

I started looking on craigslist and found a monster.
For $6000 I found a landa SGHW-3500-6 (3500psi @ 6gpm) on a 12,500lb 16' skidster trailer. It has a 330 gal tank and an 8 gal tank for antifreeze.

looking back I have found that little pw's can not do the jobs like this one. I can make steam as well. I can also turn this machine down to 1100psi on the unloader valve.

Best thing to look for in a machine is GPM. you will find lots of 3000psi machines but they will be 2.5gpm or less. PSI does not do much without the water flow to back it up.

Most machines will draw water on their own if they have a good pump.
It does a really good job and will very soon pay for itself. Cleaning my truck and tractor alone at the car wash was about $40 each time I went.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #24  
Home Depot has a 2500psi, 2.5 gpm, 5 hp Honda engine, $329

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #25  
I have now had electric AND gas-powered. If I had to buy
another today, I would go back to electric due to
> noise
> easier to maintain (who needs another gas engine?)
> I can easily lift/move/store an electric one
> you can get plenty of pressure with newer electric units
> I am near enough to 120V power when using it

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #26  
Ditto the comments about volume and pressure. GPM is more important than PSI past about 1500-2000 psi or so. Mud/grease doesn't stick to metal with great tenacity, so you need more water volume and detergent than psi. If you were stripping paint off metal, cleaning graffitti, etc, then you'd need greater than 3000 psi.

I had my 18' runabout moored in a marina in the water of the Red River all summer for about 5 years. Only a high psi pressure washer could clean off the algae than grew and glued itself onto the gelcoat. My 1100 psi Karcher was about as effective as excreting nitrogenous wastes onto it :) Hull cleaning acid solution and rubber gloves also worked..... I gladly paid the boat dealers to have someone else do this for me.

So for farm work, I'd recommend a 240V electric high gpm pressure washer of 2000-2500 psi. Ditto again the comments about one less engine to maintain.

Princess Auto here in Canada sells a made in Canada 240v Comet/AO Smith pump/motor pressure washer, 2.9 GMP/2500 psi, however it lists for $999.99 Canadian, or US $850 at current exchange.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #27  
I bought a "thunder gun" from Northern tool a few years ago... only 500 psi and runs off my air compressor... 39.95.

mark

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #28  
DanielAlexander said:
Sams Club in my town has a Karcher 3000psi for around 500.00 thats the one I would buy, best price so far.

I just purchased that one today! $467.44 plus tax. Can't comment on how it works.

RedDog

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #29  
I think I saw refurb Karcher ( sp? ) units at Big Lots for $250.00.
2500 lbs, 2.4 gpm, 5.5hp Honda, 4 tips, 25 ft hose & soap injector system.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #30  
FritzII said:
I think I saw refurb Karcher ( sp? ) units at Big Lots for $250.00.
2500 lbs, 2.4 gpm, 5.5hp Honda, 4 tips, 25 ft hose & soap injector system.

That is exactly the unit I have. What a great price! Try to buy just the
motor for that price.

I got mine given to me, but will eventually sell it to go back to electric.