Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer????

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #1  

leeinmemphis

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 5040 with FEL
I am needing to get a decent pressure washer for use at the farm. I am running off of a well so the water pressure feeding it won't be the best. For general washing of dirt/mud off of implements and cleaning out dozer tracks what would be a decent washer. I'm not really wanting to invest a whole lot on one because it probably won't be used but maybe 2x's a month but at the same time I would like for it tobe of decent quality and long lasting. I would like to start cleaning up my implements a little more regular than now. thanks.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #2  
I've had my eye on a 5.5HP model from Northerntool.com that has a "Cat" brand pump. I think its about 699. right now. There is a 9HP model for 899.

Not sure of your capacity but cleaning out a dozer I'd be torn between having too powerful a unit and it soaking me down with "backspray" and a less powerful model that might not backspray mud, grime and rocks at me. I'm sure some who do this will chime in with their recommendations.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #3  
I'd go with a Honda powered unit, 2500 psi minimum. Just my opinion, some will agree, some will disagree. Home Depot has a 3200 psi, 3 gal. per minute, 8 HP Honda powered unit for $879.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #4  
I bought a Karcher model with a 5 hp honda. It's 2.7 or something gpm. Works pretty good.

For big jobs my neighbor has a monster with 25 hp honda and a 40,000 btu diesel heater to make hot water or steam. I have a good neighborhood!

jb

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #5  
I bought a Karcher model with a 5 hp honda. It's 2.7 or something gpm. Works pretty good.

Ditto here.

I got it at Costco for about $400, I think.

I use it more for real estate than implements, but it is plenty to clean a 8' high 80 foot long concrete fence in about an hour. Took most of the old paint right off.

Inlet water pressure doesn't mattter a whole lot, as long as the supply is there. It can suck its own water out of a bucket, or a pond.

My experience is that any time I spray into a shallow depression there is plenty of backspray. If there is mud or grease in there, it will come right back out at me.

If the machine gets dirty, do not use the sprayer to clean itself, unless you want to peel all the decals off it.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #6  
My experience is that any time I spray into a shallow depression there is plenty of backspray. If there is mud or grease in there, it will come right back out at me.

Can you put a shield (maybe about the size of a frisbee) a few inches from the nozzle tip, to stop or slow down the backspray?

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #7  
I have the 5.5 hp Karcher that I bought at Sam's club for $250. 2200 psi I think, starts and runs OK and seems to have the power I need to clean with. It's a good unit for the price but I've only had it one summer so I can't tell you how long it might last. It does have a Honda engine but I think it's a cheaper version Honda, it's black in color instead of their normal red color.

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #8  
Anything in the 2500 psi range with a honda motor

/ Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #9  
I recently got a Briggs and Stratton Pro 3400 pressure washer on sale at TSC for around $700. Nice unit
3400 PSI
3.2 gal/min
tri plex pump
9 HP B&S over head valve Vanguard engine
50' high pressure hose
pressure control dial
quik disconnect on the nozzels and hoses, with mutiple tips for differant spray patterns

Last edited:
   / Can you guys recommend a decent pressure washer???? #10  
I have an older Devilbis pressure washer with a Briggs & Stratton engine and Giant (made in USA) pump. Pressure is 2500 psi and pump is 3 gpm.

I have over 300 hours on this machine in the last 10 years and it has served me well. It works fine for cleaning mud from dozer tracks.

Attachments

• dozer mud 1.jpg
    dozer mud 1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 387
  • dozer mud 2.jpg
    dozer mud 2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 331
  • dozer clean.JPG
    dozer clean.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 349