any alternatives to a conventional grease gun????

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #31  
   / any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #32  
philbuilt said:
I have a rechargeable grease gun that I bought at Mardens surplus store. It's a one shot per trigger pull. My bh has 47 fittings that is when this gun became priceless. Harbor freight has a simular one. $49.00
phil
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Thats where I bought my pneumatic gun. I was looking for the rechargeable one and they were out. You know their commercial, I should have bought it, when I saw it.

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #33  
The problem I saw on first use (today) was that the tip goes on and off the fitting too easily.

Two trains of thought here.
1) Most grease tips can be adjusted to be tighter or more loose. If your new grease tip has a locknut below the the tip it's adjustable.
2) Swap the good tip from your hand gun to the new one.

When adjusting the tips because not to make it too tight or you'll have a REAL hard time getting it off the fitting :D

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #34  
Volfandt said:
1) Most grease tips can be adjusted to be tighter or more loose. If your new grease tip has a locknut below the the tip it's adjustable.

When adjusting the tips because not to make it too tight or you'll have a REAL hard time getting it off the fitting :D

The tip doesn't appear to be adjustable. I thought of swapping the tip out from the lever gun, but I just ended up using it instead.

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #35  
I bought a pneumatic Lincoln grease gun from Ohio Tools for about $75. Chose this model because it only needs one trigger pull and it keeps pumping till you let go - easy on the hands

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #36  
FYI - I just received an email coupon at Harbor Freight for a 12v battery powered grease gun for $44.99 ea.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=92196

12V RECHARGEABLE GREASE GUN KIT

Up to 6500 PSI for continuous use at a faster rate.

No cord or air hose to get in the way
Rechargeable with one-hour quick charger
Includes 30-1/2'' flex hose with strain relief
Easy squeeze trigger
Comes with 14.5 oz. grease cartridge and carry case

Shipping weight: 10 lbs.

ITEM 92196

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun????
thanks for the info everyone. Today I purchaed a lincoln air operated grease gun. I'm looking forward to using it this weekend......did I say that :D

thanks again

-lee-

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #38  
Volfandt said:

Didnt some one on here a year or two ago break their arm snatching the hose off a stuck zerk ?

/ any alternatives to a conventional grease gun???? #39  
Pat,
It wasn't me that broke my arm, but a couple times it could have been me before I found out that there was an adjustment on the business end of my grease gun. The gun worked fine on all of my fittings except one. I did everything I could think of to get the tip off of the fitting, even tried the claw part of a hammer. I finally gave up and decided to take a couple wrenches and remove the tip. The first turn of the wrench, the tip came right off of the fitting. Learn something new every day.
David B