Alternative to the grease tube.

/ Alternative to the grease tube.
   / Alternative to the grease tube. #12  
Thanks a lot..I got grease all over me just reading this post!!

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #13  
What's the secret to getting the filler pump primed? Pumping doesn't seem to work...:confused:

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #14  
I have never had a problem. Just stuck the pump on the bucket of grease and pumped the handle a couple of times until grease started to come out. Not sure what might be wrong.

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #16  
I think he is talking about a bulk grease loader pump that is used to fill grease guns.

rutwad said:
What's the secret to getting the filler pump primed? Pumping doesn't seem to work...:confused:

I just put the pump in the bucket to the bottom, then push the follower down onto the top of the grease, then slide the cover down on the top of the bucket and snug up the clamp around the tube and a couple of pumps on the handle had grease coming out the spout.
Wish they would send extra nipples for the other grease guns that I have.

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #18  
It must just be my luck. I put the follower plate in the bucket, topped it off with the lid/pump and pumped many many times, but I am only getting air. Maybe I will take it all apart and start over.

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #19  
milkman said:
I just put the pump in the bucket to the bottom, then push the follower down onto the top of the grease, then slide the cover down on the top of the bucket and snug up the clamp around the tube and a couple of pumps on the handle had grease coming out the spout.
Wish they would send extra nipples for the other grease guns that I have.

Depending on what type of loader nipples you got you may be able to get them at NAPA. They sell bulk loaders and the nipples. Just make sure they are the same as yours because there are 2 or 3 different types.

Thank you for that info, I went to NAPA on Friday and they ordered the nipple for me, they wasn't sure it was the size I needed, picked it up today and it is the correct size so I'm good to go, who needs Yellow Pages when we got this site?:D