Alternative to the grease tube.

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #31  
Yeah, I sent them an email asking about it but I don't want to be the guy that returns something not because it's broken but because I can't figure out how to use it. Comparing it to other pictures of the device (FWIW it's a Lincoln Industrial Guardian G404 pump) it seems that mine was cut in half. Unfortunately, I can't really tell. Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of theirs?

/ Alternative to the grease tube.
I just tried the link in the original post and it still works, if you click on the image of the pump, you can zoom in and pan down to the bottom of the tube and see a clear shot of what it looks like. The cover that has the thumb screws that tighten to the top of the grease bucket also has a screw that clamps to the tube, you can loosen that clamp screw and slide the bucket cover up and down the tube. If it is defective, Sportsmans Guide will usually just send you another unit and not request the defective one back.

/ Alternative to the grease tube. #33  
My unit I got also seemed cut in half like you described I e-mailed Sportsman's Guide and asked for a new unit a representative called me and said they would send out a new one. I haven't received it yet but it has only been a fiew days David