I Miss My Tractor

/ I Miss My Tractor #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
OK, maybe this is just a mid-winter blues thing but I need some help! We've had precious little snow this year, and just enough frost to keep the ground pretty soggy. Not warm enough for weeds to grow though. What this all means is basically ZERO tractor time for several weeks now. I did fire it up the other day just to pull out of the garage so I could change the oil in the mini-van. I'm looking for suggestions. Anyone out there going through similar diesel-fume withdrawls? Any particularly creative "uses" for your tractors this time of year? Help /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #2  
Sure looks to you have a touch of cabin fever and the tractor bluuuues. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Now would be good time to put your own personal touch on your JD, maybe visit tractor event or go down to your JD dealer look around and chew the fat...what ever you do don't do a snow dance,for I don't want the left overs. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
You could always diesel up the JD and go for a road down the road...heck we all have done that. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Maybe Dr.Dan could send a couple of UDT pills to pick up your spirits. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Your wife could help you out by adding her things to do list. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Just hang in there..not much longer the grass well be turning green and the birds singing while you are playing in the mud.

/ I Miss My Tractor #3  
Supposed to be in the 40s/50s and sunny this weekend (CNY).

Was thinking of pulling the snowblower off and sticking the FEL back on and move some rocks around.

We've had so little snow that the ground isn't all that soggy if you're on grass.

I don't think many people are able to do much in this relatively snowless winter. Compared to postings during the summer months, it seems like the majority of posts have been less tractor oriented for the past month or so (ie: nobody having problems/questions with implements, not too much buying going on, etc.), which leads me to believe that most of us (at least in the northeast) are spending more time on the computer than outside.

Verrrry boring winter.

/ I Miss My Tractor #4  
I hear you! Here's what's going to happen Rob;

No more snow.
Early spring that forces all the trees to bud early.
Killing frost to wipe out the crop.
Followed by rain so the grass grows, but you can't mow it.
50/50 on cloudy summer. Rain and sunshine with cool temps.

How do I know this?

I bought a new tractor with snow plow, so it won't snow. The neighbor bought a new snow blower also, so that's double insurance. I planted fruit trees last spring, so it will frost after they bud. I bought a really big mowing deck, so I won't be able to use that either because of the rain. I almost bought a solar heater for the pool. I didn't, because it would have been cloudy all summer if I did. However, I did buy a canopy for the tractor, and that alone, might make for a cloudy summer. Clouds this summer could be a toss up. But it will remain cool because I didn't buy the solar heater. You see where I'm going with this? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #5  
And here I thought it was because I bought a new snow blower. Thanks, MossRoad - I don't feel so bad now /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

/ I Miss My Tractor
LOL /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

If I extend your logic, here's my prediction...

Nice, warm and sunny for the next two weeks. Then record cold and snow for three weeks followed by the wettest spring in documented history. After a short week of tolerable weather it will become miserably hot and sunny. Around the end of June everything should return to normal.

Why do I predict this? We are scheduled to dig our basement around 2/11 with framing to commence 2/23. The weather delays will result in the roofers starting right after that short week of tolerable weather. By the time it is all weathered in, we’ll all be back on our tractors /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #7  
snowman,
your right about boring winter....so far...okay I admit /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I would like to couple of good snowstorm to play in.
Heck there not even enough ice on the lakes to go ice fishing /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif and nascar season still weeks a way.

/ I Miss My Tractor #8  
I can relate, Rob.
crazy.gif

Circumstances, mostly rain, kept me away from my tractor for nearly two months. When we finally had a break in the weather, just last week, I was able to take 'er for a spin. The saturated ground sorely limited what I could actually do with it, so I just ran patrol on my tractor paths. It was as much a test of the paths themselves (and the culverts) as it was anything else. Got my tires muddy, but my boots stayed dry.
smile.gif

Forecast says it's going to rain today, and through the weekend. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #9  
Rob,
You're close enough to me. Just haul your tractor over to my place and I can put you to work for as long as you want. Even pay for you diesel. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor
<font color=blue>Just haul your tractor over to my place and I can put you to work for as long as you want. </font color=blue>

Richard, thanks for the offer but I'm not sure my wife is as interested in my tractor time as I am right now /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif