Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 790 (2001)

Default Re: I Miss My Tractor

Rob,

I'm going to use the 50 degree weather to powerwash my baby. I got it all full of mud trying to make a swail for drainage.

Buck

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    No longer have :-(

The comment about more off topic posts seems very correct. I have less then 2 hrs seat time since mid-Oct [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img]. Dirt's too wet at my place to do much landscaping work but have been watching the neighbors to see if they have any projects they might want some "assistance" with! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

New house going in a half-mile away (next door) and their construction driveway is looking pretty ratty. Might just hop over there this weekend with the boxblade and see if the new owners are around ... Heck, might just need to touch up the driveway a little on the way out, could even check with my wife to see if there's anything she needs and just scoot the extra few miles into town. Its supposed to be a beautiful weekend with temps around 50.

Tractor
    JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer

Yea you don't have enough work to do Rob and I can't even keep up with all I have to do. Isn't it always greener on the other side of the fence. LOL

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

I don't care how sloppy it is outside, Clementine gets a workout even if I have to invent work. Remember, you can always use the tractor to survey your domain! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img] And back in the garage, the leaf blower does a fair job of getting the rain, snow or what have you off.

Go forth and survey!

Pete

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Rob
    I have some work to do with my tractor this weekend. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    In my desire to get some time in the seat. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img] I tried to plow snow that didn't need it. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
    This made a mess where the blade scraped away sod and gravel from the back drive.
    I don't plan on putting the sod back. I'm just going to level out the area so I can plant some seed when the frost is out of the ground this coming spring. I'll have to haul the sod out into the back.
    I few trees have limbs that have fallen down. I'll have to get my Bear Cat Chipper, Shredder out to chop them up. Then I'll have to spread all the chips around the landscape.
    Before anything can be done I'll have to remove the snow blade and install the FEL bucket. Take the rear blade off and install the trailer hitch so I can pull my trailer and chipper.
    All this has already made me tired before I get started. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img] It's amazing what I'll do to get some seat time. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Buck
    That reminds me of another project. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif[/img] for this weekend. Put the hose away that I forgot since it was warm so far into December. That's after I give the tractor a bath. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Elite Member

I bought a new tractor with a snow plow too. Dang it messed it up for me too.

Nuru

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 5055D, JD 790 MFWD

Rob,
    I have had plenty of seat time on my tractor. Been up at the property cleaning off the ditch line of left over rocks from the 150 year old rock wall I just got rid of. Then after I did that, I decided that the ditch just doesnt have to be that steep or deep, so I took the FEL and pushed the dirt on the bank into the ditch. This will make it much easier to mow this summer. Got a new set of concrete steps for the temporary trailer. Dang thing weighed 700 pounds! FEL picked up steps like it was nothing. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img] Impressed the heck out of me. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img] Plumbers finally got to my property to connect water to trailer. Turned on water, but almost no water flow....huh? 2" water line...no flow. Looked down the driveway, and in the ditch is water boiling out of the ground. Had to take the FEL and dig up where the water was coming out. Dang contractor forgot to glue the PVC "T" coupler coming up to the trailer. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif[/img] Took a little spin today on the back 18 acres. Pushed a few downed trees into a pile. Wanna come play on my property? We'll compare our 790's since you have R1's and I have R4's! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

being form buffalo ny. area we had plenty of snow for a bit. then nothing since jan. 1. b2400 has been sitting idle since then[img]/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif[/img] have lots of stuff to do , but to wet and soggy.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

Hey Dave, I just noticed you're from Lebanon, TN. In a previous job assignment I spent a lot of time in Gallatin, not too far away. In fact, almost moved there. Beautiful area and close enough to Nashville to take advantage of the city life. You must have a lot more hills than what I've got up here. One trip down there for an extended stay I took one of my bikes. Never did so much shifting in my life, but it was great riding. If I don't get some seat time soon, I may take you up on your tire comparison [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast