I Miss My Tractor

/ I Miss My Tractor #21  
Rob,
Yup..been to Gallitan many times. One of the few remaining drive in theaters there. I used to ride bike quite a bit when I lived in N. IL., have done some riding here. Yup, your gear shifter most definately gets a great workout. ( not to mention you theighs and calves.) Went on about a 30 mile bike hike about 4 years ago with a group of guys. We started at the steeple chase park and rode to Franklin and back. Went up some mighty STEEEEEPP hills on that ride! Felt great afterwards. Loaded my bike in the back of the truck, drove home in 45 minutes, opened the truck door, put both feet on the ground and proceeded to try to figure out why I had driveway gravel in my mouth...??? /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif I had fallen flat on my face!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Knees went to rubber on me.
Yah, the John Deere dealer is just off highway 109. You could pick up some new John Deere souiveneers and fasten them to your flatbed trailer to take back to the kids and wife! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Wife may not be too happy. /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #22  
I'll bet your prediction is more accurate than channels 16, 22 and 28 combined! At least I have July to look forward to /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #23  
And just now they ran a clip of the blizzard of 78 that happened on this day, back then. They are predicting mid 50's for the next 3 days. No rain, so tomorrow I'm planning on fabricating a way to anchor my ramps to the pickup so that I can safely load the PT425. It involves steel and electrical fire(arc welding)! Whoo hoo!!

/ I Miss My Tractor #24  
A month ago u were all wathching on the news as we got hit with snowstorm(BUFFALO NY) since jan. 1 NOTHING, just a few in. here and there, not even enough to plow. it is way to wet to even think about working on the regrading and finishing i need to do from the new septic system i had done . I NEED SOME SEAT TIME!!!!

/ I Miss My Tractor #25  
Like old saying goes Frank...its always quite before the storm..Hang in there. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #26  
I actually got out on my PT425 yesterday and moved some dirt. The ground is not frozen anymore and was dry enough to not sink into the lawn. I rearranged a compost pile and tore out some sod in an unused section of my garden(fit through the 4' gate with inches to spare). Spent about 1/2 hour and it felt great. Then I burned some metal with my arc welder. All in all, a great day! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #27  
CowboyDoc- What is that you do during the winter...primarily have to do with feeding/cleaning up after the animals...?

Paul

No tractor work to do around here either, except for routine service.

/ I Miss My Tractor #28  
Frank, I know what you mean, it would be nice to do some tractor work. In fact my neighbor was so bored, he borrowed my bushhog yesterday and did some trimming around his house. Who would think you could use a bushhog in this part of the world in January!

/ I Miss My Tractor #29  
Von, I know how your neighbor feels. I took off the snowblower today, put on the landscape rake and made a few passes down the drive to get some seat time. Last time I looked at the thermometer it was 58 in the shade. This late in Jan in upstate NY we often get a few days of mid winter thaw, but this has been going on for over a week and the extended forecast says at least another week of above average temps.

/ I Miss My Tractor
We had nearly 60 here also. I got out on my good bike for 30 miles which is unheard of in January /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif. Lots of sand and gravel in all the corners, be careful out there! I did get a minute or two of tractor time as I pulled it out of the garage to change oil and rotate tires on my truck. Who'd think I'd be doing that in a t-shirt in January! Supposed to get some snow later this week, maybe enough to play with the tractor /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif