I Miss My Tractor

/ I Miss My Tractor #51  
I sure hope he doesn't see his shadow...the water table darn low in these parts and we need some damp weather,but not those 20" snow storms one after another. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #52  
I take it your right arm and shoulder aches the most.
Those B7100 are a little mule for sure,to bad Kubota didn't install power steering. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor
Yeah, this has been an odd winter for us as well. The Great Lakes are low but came up a bit last year from a healthy winter. At this rate though they'll likely drop some more this year. Big problems in the marinas, particularly for the sail boats. A friend couldn't get his boat out two years ago (literally hit bottom in the river part way out to the lake). He moved to a different marina last year, but if things continue to drop there could be big trouble.

Normally I like a lot of snow, but with this pending house construction project I'll be holding a sunshade over the groundhogs hole tomorrow morning /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ I Miss My Tractor #54  
Thomas;

Both elbows, both shoulders, the right knee from bracing on the dash and the back from the rough ride. The shoulders are exspecially prone to aches as they have been well pummelled in the moguls and over the handlebar stops on the bicycle.

Egon

/ I Miss My Tractor #55  
Rob,

Its just a small backyard operation, about 100 taps............but we'll put out more if we can convince the neighborhood kids that hauling sap buckets is fun.

Russ

/ I Miss My Tractor #56  
My suggestion to those of you how are starved for seat time is to get an ATV. It is amazing what these little bests will do and you can use them all year round. For example, we had some fairly strong winds yesterday after several hours of freezing rain. As a result there were a few trees down in the bush. So this morning I took the ATV, utility trailer and chain saw into the bush and cleaned up the wind falls. We use about 10 cords of wood a year so any that I can harvest from windfalls is put to use.

/ I Miss My Tractor #57  
I sure would like a atv but where I live..Lebanon,NH the rules are tough.
Need written permission on you at all times when riding on others land..which I agree,can't ride on public land,snow machine trails are banned,one has to transport to a state trails and can only ride the state trails certain time of the year.
It seems our state & cities & towns don't offer much of a helping hand /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif but they seem to keep raising the reg fee's for the one that do have atv's

/ I Miss My Tractor #58  
I don't take mine off my property (well not very often) so I don't have any of those problems - no licence, no insurance, no permits, etc. I just use it for chores - primarily in the bush and yard work - things my F2400 can't do.

/ I Miss My Tractor #59  
Rob,

Today I cut some wood and used the FEL to haul it to the house. The fire's burning as I write!

I used the tractor Thursday to move snow using my Box Blade and FEL to clean our two-lane 1000 ft driveway.

Last weekend my son and I started building a tree camp. Had to clear a trail to the tree. Moved some big rocks. Really learned a lot about how to get these things out of the ground. I wish I had brought my digital camera to share with TBN'ers!

Tomorrow, if the ground is more malable than today, I'm going to transplant three spruces that tipped during a wind storm we had yesterday.

Get moving on that house, Rob!

Buck

/ I Miss My Tractor #60  
No snow STOP ground frozen STOP too cold to finish customizations STOP Can't hold out much longer STOP Need tractor seat time STOP