schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
anyone identify this plow?

E6Ll4UrF7GrHwTuAVVTxjtUB1ls9.jpg

no info given with the listing

could i pull it behind my TC33?

/ help with plow #2  
Just real quick, based on size and color, it looks like a 2 x 14" Dearborn intended for an N series Ford.

That's based on color first -- faded old Ford red-belly red, Size -- the shares look to be no bigger than 14" and there are only 2 of them, the coulters(?) and how they're mounted.

I wonder, though about what appears to be a tubular section of the frame on the far side.

I would guess that your tractor should be able to pull it, unless the tractor is a hydro and you have heavy soil that hasn't been plowed for a very long time.

In light soil, an 8N would have no problem with a plow like that, although there many people who insist an N is just a 1 plow tractor.

/ help with plow #3  
Coulter mounts look "Massey Ferguson". (OR Ferguson, prior to merger) So does the tailwheel. upper mast of 3-point looks a bit "Dearborn". (Ford) Any part #'s showing anywhere? Massey plow part #'s will read xxxxxxxM1 OR 66xxxxx. Paint doesn't look original, so color probably isn't a good indicator.

/ help with plow
havnt seen it in person.

Might pick it up though...

/ help with plow #5  
I made it home and checked my old Massey Ferguson literature. That absolutely is a model #62 MF plow. All wear parts are still available (through AGCO or aftermarket) They use the same parts as a model #66 (trip beam) Good plow. Looks like that one is all there.

I grew up plowing with solid beam plows. Make certain you don't hit big rocks or roots. You MIGHT hurt the plow. You WILL hurt your chest when you bang into the steering wheel.

/ help with plow #6  
Farmwithjunk said:
Make certain you don't hit big rocks or roots. You MIGHT hurt the plow. You WILL hurt your chest when you bang into the steering wheel.

Been there, done that.

/ help with plow #7  
FarmwithJunk -- How big are the shares on that plow? Is it a 14, 16, or what? I'm thinking a double 16 is probably a little too much for a TC33, especially if it's a hydro. I don't know if he could pull it fast enough to make it work properly.

/ help with plow
ya i looked for info on that and couldnt find much....

so what would you say a good price is?

/ help with plow #9  
daTeacha said:
FarmwithJunk -- How big are the shares on that plow? Is it a 14, 16, or what? I'm thinking a double 16 is probably a little too much for a TC33, especially if it's a hydro. I don't know if he could pull it fast enough to make it work properly.

Could be 12", 14" or 16" on that model. Impossible to tell from photo. About 80% were 14" though. It'd be a better plow for the tractor should it be a 12". MIGHT handle 14". 2X16"'s is too much plow.

/ help with plow
so FWJ got an idea of what to pay for such a thing?