Best suspension seat?

/ Best suspension seat? #1  

ccsial

Veteran Member
Tractor
(Kuboto L3400) (Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL) (Deere X748SE) All bought new
I'm going to put a suspension seat on my L3400 soon. Mowing bumpy terrain for 4 hours is too hard on me anymore.

I'm wondering who has the best riding seat, at any price. I want to get the best ride possible. Anyone have experience with these seats?

I've looked at Michigan seat so far. Anyone using one of the full suspensions from michigan? I wonder how standard the mountings are.

/ Best suspension seat? #4  
The factory stock seat on my DX29 is very comfortable and made of heavy vinyl -- it looks like it'll last forever. The seat also swivels into 5 different positions. I don't know that it would fit the 'bota, but there might be some easy way to make an adapter plate.

/ Best suspension seat?
daTeacha said:
The factory stock seat on my DX29 is very comfortable and made of heavy vinyl -- it looks like it'll last forever. The seat also swivels into 5 different positions. I don't know that it would fit the 'bota, but there might be some easy way to make an adapter plate.

I have to plead ignorance here but I don't know what DX29 is.

/ Best suspension seat? #6  
Sorry, it's a Case 29 hp. CUT. The seat can be found on the DX series from Case and the DAs, I think, from NH. Case seats are tan, NH are black.

/ Best suspension seat?
daTeacha said:
Sorry, it's a Case 29 hp. CUT. The seat can be found on the DX series from Case and the DAs, I think, from NH. Case seats are tan, NH are black.

There is a Case dealer near here, I'll have to stop and look at one. Thanks.

/ Best suspension seat? #8  
My dealer sells Case, Kubota, and Cub Cadet. They have a variety of up-market seats in the showroom, too. Don't just look at the seats you see on the lot, there may be something better inside.

/ Best suspension seat? #9  
My Century has a pretty lousy seat. Not very comfortable and after an hour, I'm hurting. While looking for a replacement, I kept using it with a thin cushion on it. That made a huge difference and I sort of forgot about buying a new seat.

Then my wife boughta rubber type seat cushion from Walmart for her car that she didn't like. She was going to take it back, but I thought I'd give it a try on my tractor first. WOW, it's fantastic.

I have a spring type cushion seat on my backhoe and it's OK. It absorbs some of the bumps, but it also bounces around more than I'd like.

Given the choice of spending allot of money on a seat that I'm not sure I'd like or not, I'm gonna stick with the Walmart cushion.

Eddie

/ Best suspension seat?
Northern tool has the best michigan mechanical suspension for $380
Industrial Seats has their top of line air suspension for $900.

Has anyone ridden on and air seat? I wonder how much different they are.