Allis Chalmers 5030

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #1  

Trainer

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 220-4
Did the Allis Chalmers 5030 or similare model come in 4 WD? I am looking for a part for my Massey Ferguson 220-4 and I have been told this tractor is the same. They were both made by Toyosha. Have not been able to get the part from Massey Ferguson.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #2  
Mornin Trainer,
I cant answer the FWD question but am providing a link from Tractor Data on the 5030.

TractorData.com - Allis Chalmers 5030

Its listing that tractor with ags on the front so yes I beleive its a FWD machine.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #3  
Yes it did come as a 4wd. My dad has one, and other than the front left drive shaft and hub bearings being a problem it is a great tractor. I have been told it is a toyoshu ? and also a hinomoto. I don't know which is true. Ours has a 2 cylinder diesel and no power steering. It will pull like crazy however.
rick roberts

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #4  
sorry -- I did not read the previous post well enough.
Our machine is an allis chalmers 5020. Not the 5030.
rick

/ Allis Chalmers 5030
I am not very familiar with Allis tractors. Are there any more Allis dealers? If not, who bought them? I may be able to go there to get parts for my Massey since I can't get them from Massey.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #6  
Allis Chalmers was bought by Agco, which is the same company that owns Massey F. (and many others).

I got this from tractordata...

"In 1985, the farm equipment operations were sold to Klockner-Humboldt-Deutz of Germany. Tractor production continued under the Duetz Allis name until 1989, when the company was sold and renamed AGCO. AGCO continues to manufactured tractors under the AGCO Allis brand until 2001, when the name was dropped."

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #7  
To my knowledge the 5030 was not avaiable in FWD, however the next series which was sold under Deutz-Allis was. The engines used in the AC tractors were made by Toyosha, the tractor itself is a Hinnomoto.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030 #8  
I think it was a Hinomoto. Toyosha just made the engine. Check with some of the guys in the grey market tractor threads.

/ Allis Chalmers 5030
Since it is not an engine part I need, it looks like Allis may not be my second source. I just love it when a company makes the decision that the customer will not need parts.