Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one?

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #11  
The 3120 and the 3320 have the same frame size, you would think the cab would fit both

JD's new cab tractors are not "options" per say, the entire machine is a integrated system designed to work together. You can not go back and get a JD cab added later.

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #12  
DeereNut said:
Thanks to everyone for your input! I am a new JD owner and thought I did all of my research, so when I found out that the 3120 does not have the cab option I was a little upset. The 3120 and the 3320 have the same frame size, you would think the cab would fit both.......... I still love this tractor. Thanks again!

The Sims Cab for this model fits JD 3120, 3320, 3520, 3720, 4200, 4210, 4300, 4310, 4400, and 4410. I'm not sure about Curtis, though. The Sims Cab you can get hard or soft doors and steel or ABS roof, depending on how much you want to spend. Check it out here

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #13  
I have a Sims cab on my Kioti CK20 and have been very pleased with it. I have glass front and rear windows with wipers and heat. I got the soft doors since the hard ones weren't available yet. One side is a door, the other is velcroed and snapped on. It's nice to remove the doors in the summer and have it open. It's definitely quiter with the doors on too. Click on my pics link in my signature pictures of it.

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #14  
I have a Curtis cab (soft cab with opt. rear glass & hot water heater) on a Kubota L4310.

It does sound louder than w/o. I don't have snow coming in as TMCD noted, though. I wish a window opened slightly though (as is, you either close or remove door).

Cost is quite a bit cheaper (~$1700 w/ glass & heater) and doesn't have nice features that original cab or other after-market cabs have (e.g. Jodale Perry - $5000?).

You'll want to mount lights atop cab (2 forward + 1 rear) and maybe add a an interior fan and light - I'd price out the Curtis wiring panel.

If you install yourself, it's like a big "erector set", but pieces are heavier.

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #15  
Does anyone know if a JD 2305 or a JD 2320 with Cabs will fit into a garage
80 inches high?

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #16  
Wanabgreen said:
Does anyone know if a JD 2305 or a JD 2320 with Cabs will fit into a garage
80 inches high?

Unless they changed something, the cabs are just shorter that the ROPS, So if it fits without the cab, it'll fit with the cab.

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #17  
Been looking at the Curtis cab the last few days, thinking of purchasing a nice warm cab and the 59" snowblower for my 3120. Can't decide on soft or hard doors, would likely take them off in the summer. Would be nice to not have snow banks, they make my driveway drift in when there is wind.

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #18  
We had a Curtis cab put on our small Deere before it was delivered to us. It fell apart the second year. Piece of $#@!

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #19  
We have one on our BX2660. Soft sides, hard roof.

The cab kit didnt seal around the seat or the control levers, there is a draft if the wind is just right (from behind) but otherwise the cab is great. The heater keeps it warm enough to plow in a long sleeve shirt when it is in the teens and blowing outside.
In the summer we use it as a canopy by pulling the windshield, doors and back.

The only downside is that the new location for the lights (hooked to the lower hinges of the door) puts them out where they can easily be snagged by fences and such. One of these days I need to extend the wires (solder and shrinkwrap) so that I can mount the lights to the upper hinges where they will be out of the way.

Aaron Z

/ Curtis Cabs -Does anyone own one? #20  
We have one on our BX2660. Soft sides, hard roof.

The cab kit didnt seal around the seat or the control levers, there is a draft if the wind is just right (from behind) but otherwise the cab is great. The heater keeps it warm enough to plow in a long sleeve shirt when it is in the teens and blowing outside.
In the summer we use it as a canopy by pulling the windshield, doors and back.

The only downside is that the new location for the lights (hooked to the lower hinges of the door) puts them out where they can easily be snagged by fences and such. One of these days I need to extend the wires (solder and shrinkwrap) so that I can mount the lights to the upper hinges where they will be out of the way.

Aaron Z
I ALSO HAVE A BX2660 AND WAS WONDERING FOR NEXT YEAR, hOW MUCH DID IT COST AND WAS IT HIGHER THAN THAN THE ROPPS?? dID YOU INSTALL YOUSELF? THANKS