figured out what we did wrong.

/ figured out what we did wrong.
redlevel yes very simular. ours has 2 more hoppers and steel wheel instead of rubber, but it looks very simular.

/ figured out what we did wrong. #12  
Farmwithjunk said:
Mostly used for ground driven manure spreaders and hay rakes. I don't recall ever seeing a pto driven corn planter.

Thank you. I do not farm so I did not have any idea what it was for. I just knew it was set up that way. And that does make sense that it would be used for that.

/ figured out what we did wrong. #13  
I wish you more luck than we had last time. Planted 15 acres of corn and purple hull peas and between the deer and the raccoons, it is a wonder we had anything.

Also, you mentioned not leaving fertilizer in the planter.....don't do as our neighbor did and leave peas in the hopper. When time came for us to get the planter out a year later, the hoppers were half full of foul smelling rotting peas that I had to dig out by hand.

/ figured out what we did wrong. #14  
JayDavis said:
I wish you more luck than we had last time. Planted 15 acres of corn and purple hull peas and between the deer and the raccoons, it is a wonder we had anything.

Also, you mentioned not leaving fertilizer in the planter.....don't do as our neighbor did and leave peas in the hopper. When time came for us to get the planter out a year later, the hoppers were half full of foul smelling rotting peas that I had to dig out by hand.

Sounds like the deer are well fed. Maybe they're ready for the freezer!

The time to service a planter for NEXT season is immediately after you finish planting THIS YEARS crop. Clean and coat with a lightweight oil, and she'll be ready to go again next spring.