roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #1  

jt7157

Tractor
new holland tc55da
Have any New Holland TC55DA owners used a roto tiller with their machines? I'm curious if the machine's lowest speed is slow enough to till. Also, any overall feedback on this tractor would be greatly appreciated. I am very close to purchasing a new one for $25,900 with 270 loader, tires filled, full of fuel, and delivered. Have I got any more negotiation room; I've already gotten a $1,000 reduction. Thanks very much.

Joe

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #2  
I have a TC48(gear transmission) which I do some rototilling with. According to the manual it has approximately the same first gear speed as a TC55. I know I find that I wish it had a lower gear for first pass tilling.
Great tractor

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #3  
Normally when tilling the first pass is a rough pass. You need to get some air in between the soil to get it to dry a bit so at any speed you do well. It's rare that the soil would be dry enough to till once and have it seedbed ready.

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #4  
I have to TC40 gear drive. Most of the time I can till in low range and in 3rd gear. This seems to be slow enough for the first pass. On the next couple of passes I'll go a gear or 2 faster.

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #5  
jt7157 said:
Have any New Holland TC55DA owners used a roto tiller with their machines? I'm curious if the machine's lowest speed is slow enough to till. Also, any overall feedback on this tractor would be greatly appreciated. I am very close to purchasing a new one for $25,900 with 270 loader, tires filled, full of fuel, and delivered. Have I got any more negotiation room; I've already gotten a $1,000 reduction. Thanks very much.

Joe

BUY IT!! You wont get it any cheaper and if you wouldnt mind, i would like to know where you are buying it because I am about to buy one too. You can send a private message if you want.

Mike

/ roto tilling with a New Holland TC55DA #6  
jt7157 said:

Joe

You forgot the R-4s, rear remotes, quick change bucket, & EHSS. Mine was 26 even.