Mr. Funnel question

/ Mr. Funnel question #1  

Bob_Young

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 4000; Ford 2000(both 3cyl.);JD40; 2004 Kubota L4300; 2006 Kubota B7610; new 2007 Kubota MX5000
I find that when filling my tank using the Mr. Funnel, that there's always about 1/3 of a cup of diesel at the bottom of the funnel that won't drain when I finish pouring. The way the funnel is made, this appears unavoidable.

Can this undrained fuel be poured in the tank? I've avoided doing so 'til now because I thought that might be where the water would collect. The undrainable residue gets dumped into the waste oil.

Still, with perfectly dry fuel and no water collecting in the bottom of the funnel, I'd be throwing out perfectly good fuel everytime I use the funnel.
Bob

/ Mr. Funnel question #2  
I just dump it back in my can, or if I'm pumping it out of my bulk tank, I pour it back into there. If I see any water in the bottom of the funnel, I pour it out in the gravel.

/ Mr. Funnel question #3  
There will always be some liquid remaining. There is not enough head pressure to force the good fuel thru the filter. I just dump the residue back into the storage container since it's usually mostly good fuel.

/ Mr. Funnel question #4  
Bob Young:

I agree with all the posts I have read so far. I just pour the remaining diesel fuel back into my storage container and "recycle" it as long as I do not see water and/or a lot of debris (which I have not seen). Jay

/ Mr. Funnel question
Thanks, guys. Makes sense.
Bob

/ Mr. Funnel question #6  
Hey guys where did you buy your Mr. Funnel, I went to the Web Site , but there are no links for buying the Funnels?

All I could find where Ebay listings for sale.

Dan

/ Mr. Funnel question #7  
I pour mine back into the fuel can, figuring that it's mostly fuel and what got filtered out once will get filtered out again.

My wife got mine on line, from Mr. Funnel, I think.

/ Mr. Funnel question #9  
According to the instructions there's "supposed" to be some residual fluid left over. It makes sense that most of this would be unused fuel. In the instructions it is recommended to merely dump that back into the storage container or into another storage container dedicated to that purpose.

deerhunterf350 said:
Hey guys where did you buy your Mr. Funnel, I went to the Web Site , but there are no links for buying the Funnels?

They usually have an advertising link on this forum. That'll take you to their website. You can find a link on their website in the FAQ section on ordering. I ordered mine from their website.

milkman said:
I pour it out in the gravel.

Don't tell the enviropolice!!:eek:

/ Mr. Funnel question #10  
deerhunterf350 said:

All I could find where Ebay listings for sale.

Dan

I ordered one from their web site back in November and still haven't received it. I did receive a couple postcards saying they were on backorder and should be available in a month, that was three months ago now.