BRUSHGUARD

/ BRUSHGUARD #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I'm planning to add a brushguard to NH TC 40DA. Don't have the guard yet, but would like to weld expanded metal "mesh" to the structure to protect against pesky sticks and branches. Does anyone have such a guard and does my plan sound feasible??

/ BRUSHGUARD #2  
Yes it sounds feasible. Will need to weld some flat bar steal to the end of the 4 pipes to help support the mess on the ends.

/ BRUSHGUARD
Yes, Very nice project if you can weld yourself. I should learn to do it. Would come in very handy. Metal shop in junior high long time ago!!

/ BRUSHGUARD #5  
A good drill, a hack saw, some angle iron, a few bolts, and you're in business to attach your expanded metal screen.

/ BRUSHGUARD #6  
When I had a Nh 1920 I made a bumper / grill guard out of angle iron and expanded metal.. worked GREAT

Soundguy

/ BRUSHGUARD #7  
I'd put something on, like chains or strips of tires, that is flexible. On my Gravely, it had a solid metal guard in the rear (PTO and brush hog out front). It would easily get hung on stobs or other things sticking up. Finally had to replace the shield after it got bent and broke the middle bolt support.

Ralph

/ BRUSHGUARD
I guess I'm going to have fabricated brushguard with expanded metal and separate "skid plate" for underneath radiator, an area that is wide open on the NH TC40 and good access for branches, etc.