Position Control?

/ Position Control? #1  

RhallVA

Still not sure what Position Control does for me or what I might hate about not having it. I am thinking of getting a Kubota B7500 which does not have position control. How will that effect me in the use of a rear blade or rear mower? How about a posthole digger? How would doing these things be better or easier with position control?

Thanks!
Roy (clueless, be needing to buy a tractor w/o screwing up)

/ Position Control? #2  
Roy
Here is a link that has some good information about position control. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=48302&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post48302>Click Here</A>. By doing a search for "Position Control" you will find several other threads that discuss this subject.

/ Position Control? #3  
Roy,

I bought the B7500 w/o position control. It's true what they say, you don't know what you missed if you've never had it.

PC allows you to set the 3PH at a particular height where it won't drop below (3PH will still be able to "float up" on most tractors).

This can be useful for 3PH attachments where working height is important; mowers, blades, plows. I don't think it would make a whit of difference for a post hole digger, but I've never used one, so I will say nothing on that score.

That said, a good tractor operator should be able to figure out how to do stuff even without it. Especially since I find that I can. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Position Control? #4  
If you have never had position control, you may never miss it. My Yanmar doesn't have position control and I use it frequently with both a box blade and rotary cutter. You will probably never miss it with the post hole digger. However, my Dad's Mitsubishi MT160D that I have operated for years has position control and there are times that I wish my tractor had it, especially when mowing.

/ Position Control? #5  
Roy
I looked at the B7500 at first and bought a B2400 because it had position control. I felt that the 7500 could do what I needed, but I thought the PC would be helpful. As it turns out, I am glad I spent the extra $. The ability to raise the 3ph and then return to a selected level has been a big help for a novice. I find there are times I need to change the height of what I am doing and I can just look at the PC lever and corresponding number and I am at the level I want to be at. Having said all that, I am sure I could have learned as Glue Guy and others have to do without it. I think my productive learning time has been shortened by having it. You may also find the little extra size with a B2410 is also helpful. In short, if the extra $ do not deter you, I would go for it.

Billy

/ Position Control? #6  
I would prefer the B2410 because I think it is a more refined design than the B7500, however, I would not buy it just for the position control.

I had an L175 without PC and I now have a L3010 with PC. I think the L175 actually allowed for smoother adjustments to the 3PH level. I just don't see that much advantage to the PC. Either way you will have alot of fun.