It's new to me!! (pics)

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #21  
   / It's new to me!! (pics)
_RaT_ said:
Just be cautious how you use it. I recall a L4610 with its 3 pt hitch guts showing where it ripped open the cast iron case. :(

Truthfully Rat I have no idea (though I think it's pretty straight forward)...those pics won't load for me so I can't see what happened. Doesn't sound good though, I'm wondering if the guy had his RPMs cranked. I've been told to just let the engine idle when using the winch. Plan on playing with on Saturday. I'll try not to hang myself :)

Hey RedRocker, I could be wrong but I don't recall those "yotees" being red either...;)

One last thing...a pic of my truck at 1 this afternoon!!! Btw...front end loader + 14" of wet snow + soft gravel driveway = Big Mess! (need a backblade or snowblower or something else before next winter)

John

Attachments

• Ack.jpg
    Ack.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 312
   / It's new to me!! (pics) #23  
I saw that on the News you guys got hit pretty good I actually held My Maine truck back today because of it. Hey did you see the rig that went off the upper deck in Boston the other day. He went over the side clipped the lower deck and went 70 feet to the ground. That is every truckers nightmare. Hauling rolls of Paper too so he was up around 80,000 pounds.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #24  
MaineTWLSB said:
Truthfully Rat I have no idea (though I think it's pretty straight forward)...those pics won't load for me so I can't see what happened. Doesn't sound good though, I'm wondering if the guy had his RPMs cranked. I've been told to just let the engine idle when using the winch. Plan on playing with on Saturday. I'll try not to hang myself :)

Hey RedRocker, I could be wrong but I don't recall those "yotees" being red either...;)

One last thing...a pic of my truck at 1 this afternoon!!! Btw...front end loader + 14" of wet snow + soft gravel driveway = Big Mess! (need a backblade or snowblower or something else before next winter)

John

Yeah, the pictures don't load. It was ugly though. I think there was more to the story then what we were told. Just use common sense. Don't force it.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #25  
_RaT_ said:
Yeah, the pictures don't load. It was ugly though. I think there was more to the story then what we were told. Just use common sense. Don't force it.

I almost pulled mine over backwards once,:eek: but never really worried about pulling the tractor apart. My 275 is a little small anyways, he really has a better (and nicer) tracotr.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #26  
Gotta jump in here and say that you have a nice winch unit there...by the way, have you ever seen a steel cable break under tension??? I stongly suggest you get a HD steel screen to put between you and that "meat cutter". BobG in VA

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #27  
Thats some winch. I woould love to play with that!!! Have Fun.........Be Safe!!

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #28  
The Wallenstein, like the Farmi, utilize a clutch that is operated by a rope. You are supposed to stand off to the side out of the line of breaking cables. The manufacturers provide an optional heavy duty screen behind the seat for operating from the tractor, but this is not recommended. These type winches are the only way to go when doing a lot of pulling.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #29  
You can move anything anywhere with a winch like that. Winching is a whole science onto it self. with blocks and rollers you can do anything. If your doing a long pull block the cable to something close (tree) and pull off to the side out of the recoil path. then when it is closer you can do a strait pull with a shorter length. The longer you let the cable out the more dangerous the recoil. I have to have one of those some day. Buy yourself a book on winching and you will be very surprised at what you can accomplish. You can make some nice easy money moving sheds and small buildings for people.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #30  
MaineTWLSB said:

John

Welcome to TBN John .. that's a great machine .. did it come from Union Farm Equipment?

and which side of which river are you referring to?