It's new to me!! (pics)

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #1  

MaineTWLSB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
After 2+ years of looking, researching and dreaming I'm a true TBN'r! Last Saturday I, along with the help of fellow TBN’r GaryE (thank you again Gary!), brought home a “used” Kubota L3710 (used = only 130 hours). It’s awesome! It came with a Wallenstein logging winch and all of it looks nearly showroom new. Course I have no earthly idea how to use the winch, but not to worry safety police, I won’t mess with it until I have had proper instruction. (Brother is coming up this weekend, he’s a former logger.)

Just wanted to share the good news with everyone and thank everyone here for all the help over the last couple of years. It’s a great site!

John

PS Can’t wait for mud season to be over so I can use this thing. Course I can always fix the lawn and driveway later right?!?

Attachments

• Bota1.jpg
    Bota1.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,363
  • Bota3.jpg
    Bota3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,075
   / It's new to me!! (pics) #2  
Afternoon John,
Congrats on your new tractor, looks real good ! 130 hours, thats not nearly broke in yet ! :) You got a fine lookin tractor, that should do plenty of work for many years !

You will be lookin at more attachments shortly ! ;) Been there ! :)

/ It's new to me!! (pics)
The “5th” season, mud season, is here with a vengeance this year. Those pictures (above) were taken Saturday March, 31st (low 50’s Sat and Sun), this one was this morning out my back window Tuesday April 3rd (temp 34!). April Fools!! (on us in the northeast) 3" of wet snow, but of course I went out and “worked” for an hour this morning anyway.

John

Attachments

• window1.jpg
    window1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 917
   / It's new to me!! (pics)
scott_vt said:
You will be lookin at more attachments shortly ! ;) Been there ! :)

Thanks Scotty...and yes I know...Markham toothbar is already on its way and thats just the tip-o-the-iceberg...lol

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #5  
Congradulations on the new machine. You are in for lots of fun (oh work):D

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #6  
MaineTWLSB said:
“used” Kubota L3710 (used = only 130 hours)

That is not USED, that is brand new. Congratulations, place the pics and make a post under Kubota. :)

Best Wishes,

Dennis Bialecki

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #7  
John what a nice looking tractor..............work tool! That winch will be just perfect for you. My neighbor has one and it is amazing what he can pull out with it.

Enjoy!

Wayne

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #8  
Nice tractor,JOHN.What are you gonna do ,work it in the woods a little?How big a log will one of those winches pull in?
ALAN

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #9  
Nice looking setup, you'll have a lot of fun-

I mean, get a lot of work done with it. Of course as others have said, you'll need some accessories; a grapple for the toothbar, maybe a backhoe and bush hog... and you really should have a welder for the inevitable repairs and modifications.

/ It's new to me!! (pics) #10  
Good looking machine. Lets see that winch up close. Looks pretty beefy. Will make a good counter weight for FEL work.