$2 cup holder

/ $2 cup holder #1  

DmansPadge

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master
I know I've seen a bunch of posts in the past about people wanting to put something to hold a drink on their tractors. Tons of people have just fabricated their own. I was at Tractor Supply over the weekend and saw something I couldn't resist. A $2 collapsible, adjustable drink holder. It came with one piece of double sided tape and 4 screws for mounting options. I personally would never drill into my tractor for a $2 cup holder. I tryed to find the place on my tractor that got the least action but was still in reach in those moments of thirst. At first the right hand side of the dash looked ideal but I worried about rubbing up close to some limbs or something and having a problem. Since I wasn't going to screw it down it only made since to let the bottom of the holder support it's own weight. I ended up putting it on the floorboard, dead center, closest to the seat. I opted for some heavy duty 3M double sided tape that I had laying around. Used two strips to hold it down. It's not going anywhere.. hopefully I won't accidently slide my foot across the area and bust it up. If that happens... oh well... it was $2 and was simply taped to the floormat.. no harm done and the next time I was by TSC I'm sure I'd be picking up another. In the pic where it is closed... the top is actually what is supposed to be the mounting base of the unit. I didn't see any reason to make it permenant and it works just fine this way. Just thought I'd pass it on in case somebody needs an easy solution and hasn't came across this yet.

Attachments

• cupholderclosedsmall.jpg
    cupholderclosedsmall.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 790
  • cupholderopen2.jpg
    cupholderopen2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 784
   / $2 cup holder #2  
Hate to burst your bubble, but that looks more like it will turn out to be a cup thrower rather than a cup holder.

Best of luck.

/ $2 cup holder
It's really not too bad. I don't plan on rolling over my tractor... and if I do the last thing I'll be worried about is my cold one. I've had pretty good luck just setting a wide bottom cup/can with a coozie in the floorboard with no extra support. This little setup provides far more support and in the case that you think things are going to get real rough.... simply reach between your legs and hold your drink till things smooth out again. I suppose if your running over foot high piles of junk, driving in high gear in a rough pasture or things like that it wouldn't be the best bet.

Ohh well... to each his own.

/ $2 cup holder #4  
Maybe this would be a better solution. Can also protect you from falling objects.:D

Attachments

• fout.jpg
    fout.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 638
   / $2 cup holder #5  
kwolfe said:
Maybe this would be a better solution. Can also protect you from falling objects.:D

My vote is for the "drunko-hat".

I'll have broken the deck mounted version in about a minute.

My kubota has a cup holder, but I always keep a can of "break-free" in it.

/ $2 cup holder #6  
kwolfe said:

Depending on what was loaded into that hat, I myself may be a FALLING OBJECT!

/ $2 cup holder #7  
I like your location for the holder, That's where my stand alone drinks get set. It stays pretty well put to my suprise, at that location. I am afraid however, when it's cold, even a gentle nudge from a boot will just shatter that piece of plastic. Every tractor has a weak link, yours will be between your legs. Sorry, about that, I could'nt resist, so you know, I am just kidding with you.

/ $2 cup holder
Nightrain1 said:
I like your location for the holder, That's where my stand alone drinks get set. It stays pretty well put to my suprise, at that location. I am afraid however, when it's cold, even a gentle nudge from a boot will just shatter that piece of plastic. Every tractor has a weak link, yours will be between your legs. Sorry, about that, I could'nt resist, so you know, I am just kidding with you.

That spot does work surprisingly well. Like you, I've set cans down there and continued on working with no trouble. This little add on will only help. I'm pretty careful.... I'm the kind of guy who could make something like that last 10 years. But like I said... if it doesn't... who cares. It costed $2 and there was no permanant changes done to the tractor. If it lasted 10 tractor hours I'd probably got my moneys worth and then some. I've seen some guys have bought one of those "Boat Bouy's" and they cost something like $30.... if that breaks your mad.... if mine breaks I know I can still buy 14 more before I exceed the cost of one of the others.

/ $2 cup holder #9  
Sorry man, but your floorboard mats are way too clean.
Did you vacuum and wash them for the photos?:) I like your cup holder though.

/ $2 cup holder #10  
Here is what I came up with for a cup holder. It is a 3" pvc coupling mounted to the floor board with an L bracket. I removed one of the plastic things that hold the floor mat down and bolted it there. the coozie fits in nice. I had to trim the coozie for the ring inside of the coupling, but this also prevents the coozie from comming out every time you lift your drink. The cup holder does not seem to get in the way where it is mounted. I have used it for almost a year now. Being pvc it can take the accidental kick that it does get from my size 13 boot every now and then. The paint is optional.
Dan

Attachments

• cup holder.jpg
    cup holder.jpg
    730.1 KB · Views: 361