Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti ck30

Default Loader seems weak

I'm gathering to really know, I need to buy a hydraulic pressure tester. But, maybe you guys have some thoughts.
    My Bucket on the Kioti 30hst seems to be a bit weak. Though it seems fast enough.

It will pick up a load of dirt.
    It won't pick up the front end of my ck3500 pickup.
    It won't pick up a steel 8' flatbed w/headache rack. (bed only)
    I made a stand I could pick up out of 3" pipe for a guy to stand on and cut lower hanging trees. It prolly weighs 400lbs and with a man, I recken it'd be around 700lbs. It would barely
    pick it up, then wouldn't tilt back with it.. Course it hangs out a ways..

And just generally feels weak. Am I asking to much?
    ---

NE Oklahoma, ck30 kioti BH w/thumb, Broken FEL, toothbar, box blade. JD 60" brush hog, home made forks

My Photo's

Tractor
    Kubota B7610

Default Re: Loader seems weak

You need to quantify it first. Try something like bags of cement or bricks or something else that you can get the exact weight of. Things like the front half of a truck are too arbitrary. Once you know if it will lift 700 lbs of cement or whatever you can compare that to the specs and know for sure if there is a problem.

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by rcrcomputing

It will pick up a load of dirt.
    That is normal, it should.

It won't pick up the front end of my ck3500 pickup.
    I know this is going to sound harsh, but here it goes any way. I have often wondered who would need a book on buying and using a compact tractor. Here is one person. Why would you even think that a tractor that size would pick up the front end of a 7000lb truck. A quick search of KIOTI HOMEPAGE reveals that the lift capacity of the KL130 loader on a CK30 tractor is 1150lbs. It could be that a relief valve is bleeding off to prevent you from doing serious damage to the tractor. Relief valve or not, it is not going to lift the front of that truck off of the ground.

It won't pick up a steel 8' flatbed w/headache rack. (bed only)
    I am think that much steel probably exceeds the weight of that loader.

I made a stand I could pick up out of 3" pipe for a guy to stand on and cut lower hanging trees. It prolly weighs 400lbs and with a man, I recken it'd be around 700lbs. It would barely
    pick it up, then wouldn't tilt back with it.. Course it hangs out a ways..

While it only weighs 700 true pounds, the loader sees it differently when the weight is forward of the pivot pins, where Kioti rates the lift capacity from. You may only have 700lbs weighing it on a scale, but the further forward that structure is, the more it weighs per the laws of physics.
    Brent Pepper

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Definatly
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with Loader and Backhoe, Cub Cadet 2160

Yep! Tractors4u is right, anything forward of the lift pins decreases the amount of lift and by quite a bit too. 1100 lbs decreases quite a bit even 6" from the pivot!!!

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Mornin Mark,
    I apologize for interupting this thread, just wondering if you ever got my PM ?
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti ck30

Quote Originally Posted by Harvster
    You need to quantify it first. Try something like bags of cement or bricks or something else that you can get the exact weight of. Things like the front half of a truck are too arbitrary. Once you know if it will lift 700 lbs of cement or whatever you can compare that to the specs and know for sure if there is a problem.
    I was afraid you would say that. Will do..

Tractors4you:
    I didn't expect it to pick up the truck or not. In determining what it may and may not do, I tried several things getting a "feel" for it.
    ---

NE Oklahoma, ck30 kioti BH w/thumb, Broken FEL, toothbar, box blade. JD 60" brush hog, home made forks

My Photo's

Gut feeling is that it is perfectly w/ in spec...

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

I agree with the rest. Your capacity was stated as 1150#. Of course it won't lift a pickup. Even 700# sticking out 3 or 4 feet in front of the bucket is probably over 1150 rating at the pivot points which is why you couldn't tilt it. I think your loader is in spec. I too want mine to lift more than it can. Only way to do that is a much bigger tractor.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830HST

While on the sbject of lift capacity, does the same decrease show up with pallet forks? We have quick-attach, and can switch from bucket to 48" forks. When I used the forks to lift and move a standby generator the weighs about 1000 pounds, that was about all it could do. kubota L3830 wiht LA723 loader.
    -Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast