Loader seems weak

/ Loader seems weak #1  

rcrcomputing

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti ck30
I'm gathering to really know, I need to buy a hydraulic pressure tester. But, maybe you guys have some thoughts.
My Bucket on the Kioti 30hst seems to be a bit weak. Though it seems fast enough.

It will pick up a load of dirt.
It won't pick up the front end of my ck3500 pickup.
It won't pick up a steel 8' flatbed w/headache rack. (bed only)
I made a stand I could pick up out of 3" pipe for a guy to stand on and cut lower hanging trees. It prolly weighs 400lbs and with a man, I recken it'd be around 700lbs. It would barely
pick it up, then wouldn't tilt back with it.. Course it hangs out a ways..

And just generally feels weak. Am I asking to much?

/ Loader seems weak #2  
You need to quantify it first. Try something like bags of cement or bricks or something else that you can get the exact weight of. Things like the front half of a truck are too arbitrary. Once you know if it will lift 700 lbs of cement or whatever you can compare that to the specs and know for sure if there is a problem.

/ Loader seems weak #3  
rcrcomputing said:
It will pick up a load of dirt.
That is normal, it should.

rcrcomputing said:
It won't pick up the front end of my ck3500 pickup.
I know this is going to sound harsh, but here it goes any way. I have often wondered who would need a book on buying and using a compact tractor. Here is one person. Why would you even think that a tractor that size would pick up the front end of a 7000lb truck. A quick search of KIOTI HOMEPAGE reveals that the lift capacity of the KL130 loader on a CK30 tractor is 1150lbs. It could be that a relief valve is bleeding off to prevent you from doing serious damage to the tractor. Relief valve or not, it is not going to lift the front of that truck off of the ground.

rcrcomputing said:
It won't pick up a steel 8' flatbed w/headache rack. (bed only)

I am think that much steel probably exceeds the weight of that loader.

rcrcomputing said:
I made a stand I could pick up out of 3" pipe for a guy to stand on and cut lower hanging trees. It prolly weighs 400lbs and with a man, I recken it'd be around 700lbs. It would barely
pick it up, then wouldn't tilt back with it.. Course it hangs out a ways..

While it only weighs 700 true pounds, the loader sees it differently when the weight is forward of the pivot pins, where Kioti rates the lift capacity from. You may only have 700lbs weighing it on a scale, but the further forward that structure is, the more it weighs per the laws of physics.

/ Loader seems weak #5  

Yep! Tractors4u is right, anything forward of the lift pins decreases the amount of lift and by quite a bit too. 1100 lbs decreases quite a bit even 6" from the pivot!!!

/ Loader seems weak #6  
Mornin Mark,
I apologize for interupting this thread, just wondering if you ever got my PM ?

/ Loader seems weak
Harvster said:
You need to quantify it first. Try something like bags of cement or bricks or something else that you can get the exact weight of. Things like the front half of a truck are too arbitrary. Once you know if it will lift 700 lbs of cement or whatever you can compare that to the specs and know for sure if there is a problem.

I was afraid you would say that. :) Will do..

Tractors4you:
I didn't expect it to pick up the truck or not. In determining what it may and may not do, I tried several things getting a "feel" for it.

/ Loader seems weak #8  
Gut feeling is that it is perfectly w/ in spec...

/ Loader seems weak #9  
I agree with the rest. Your capacity was stated as 1150#. Of course it won't lift a pickup. Even 700# sticking out 3 or 4 feet in front of the bucket is probably over 1150 rating at the pivot points which is why you couldn't tilt it. I think your loader is in spec. I too want mine to lift more than it can. Only way to do that is a much bigger tractor.

/ Loader seems weak #10  
While on the sbject of lift capacity, does the same decrease show up with pallet forks? We have quick-attach, and can switch from bucket to 48" forks. When I used the forks to lift and move a standby generator the weighs about 1000 pounds, that was about all it could do. Kubota L3830 wiht LA723 loader.