How to temporarily protect tractor from weather?

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather?
BillyP said:
$5,000 deductible? If you financed the tractor and extras with JD Credit you should have taken their insurance. Extremely cheap for what it covers. As far as sitting out in the weather for a while, that ain't gonna hurt anything.

Thanks for all of the helpful replies. The tractor gets rained on and I'll still sleep at night! I havn't made the order yet...that happens Tuesday...so I'll look into their insurance coverage. Thanks for the suggestion. I was just going to ride this on the property coverage which is basically total loss insurance.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #12  
Mine has been under a heavy tarp for nearly two years. It covers everything but the ROPS and the FEL bucket. Goes nearly to the ground on either side. No problems so far. Condensation has not been an issue.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #13  
What is the best way to secure the tarp to the tractor? Bungee cords? Something else?

brian

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #14  
thatguy said:
What is the best way to secure the tarp to the tractor? Bungee cords? Something else?

brian

Clothes line or other cord. It doesn't have to be anything too heavy.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #15  
what i do for my old car is fill empty milk jugs 1/2 full with water and tie a rope to the handle, and then to the grommets in the tarp.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #16  
JRobyn said:
Costco "carport". $170. Be sure to use an anchor kit (from Lowes) so it can't blow away. Kit is about $25 extra.

Unless you live in snow country. Hard to tell since the OP has no profile. Of the two types of portable "hoop" garages, the round type sheds snow far better and it is easier to remove the snow load. We've had both styles. The round style lasted 4 years before it fell victim to a heavy storm while I was at work and couldn't get home to remove it. Even then the only part that failed was the old canvas. The peaked style lasted less than two months before collapsing like a pretzel in 1/3 the snow load. It was completely ruined; nothing was salvagable.

Pete

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #17  
I'm in a similar situation - waiting to build a storage area. I've been keeping my larger tractor dry from snow and rain under a heavy double layer plastic tarp. (Just so it looks better I got a brown one so it blends into the woods!) I keep it secured with two bungee cords. One goes under the 3ph, the other goes across the front of the bucket. So far it has been very effective, and has stayed on with no problems. I also put a big paint spot on it where the stack goes as a locator for when I take it on and off. As far as condensation goes, I always let it cool down a bit before throwing on the tarp.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #18  
I too am in a similar situation. I took delivery on a tractor two weeks ago with no good place to park it. We have a two car garage, so I decided that my little town car could sit outside. It's 8 years old and worth considerably less than the tractor. The only bad thing about putting the tractor in the garage is that I have to put the ROPS bar down. I am hoping that I don't forget to do that one day. I plan to build a combination shed/shop this spring. I'll have a place to park the tractor and do some work when the weather is bad.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #19  
I am temporarily keeping mine under a tarp for almost three years so far with no plans to change. The bungie hooks make it quick to put on and take off. It's big enough to keep the sun from hitting the tires and the air circulation lets the moisture out.

/ How to temporarily protect tractor from weather? #20  
thatguy said:

brian

My brother-in-law keeps his tractor at his land that he is developing. There are no structures built there yet. He parks his parallel between two trees and has a rope tied to the trees about 10 ft. high. He centers the tarp on the rope and then uses cinder blocks to tie the tarp off to. It forms a v shape above the tractor. That way it makes it easy to get the tractor out without having to remove the whole tarp.... he simply unties from the two back cinder blocks and slides the tarp towards the other end of the tractor... it just slides along the top support rope.