Bucket/implement ups or down?

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #11  
Afternoon Swampvol,
Well when your bucket gets to look like mine with some air conditioning holes is it, your not so particular if it ends up layin on the ground ! ;) Just weld another plate on it ! :)

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #12  
I hear ya. When i got my loader on my 55' ford 850.. the bucket wouldn't even make a good spagetti strainer it was so 'holy'. i had to cut a hug section out and reskin.

pic 1 is the cut, pic 2 is the new floor welded in, pic 3 is it in primer, and pic 4 in paint.

Soundguy

scott_vt said:
Afternoon Swampvol,
Well when your bucket gets to look like mine with some air conditioning holes is it, your not so particular if it ends up layin on the ground ! ;) Just weld another plate on it ! :)

Attachments

• v4125.jpg
    v4125.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 170
  • v4136.jpg
    v4136.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 140
  • i4291.jpg
    i4291.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 140
  • a101175.jpg
    a101175.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 133
   / Bucket/implement ups or down? #13  
Soundguy said:
I hear ya. When i got my loader on my 55' ford 850.. Soundguy

Chris,

My neighbor has one of them loaders that sits off to the side of the tractor. Except his tractor is an actual offset tractor so a bit different. Does that thing get a little tipsy with large loads in the bucket?

murph

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #14  
last week I had two saw horses, each rated at 500lb sitting under my 650lb
finish mower, (it was in the up position on the 3pt hitch), as I took the blades off, sharpened, and re-installed them. I thought I was being safe.

afterward, my oldest son climbed abord the tractor pushed the hitch lever into float. The mower fell and shattered both (500lb)saw horses
like toothpicks as it fell to the ground. nobody was hurt, but OMG,
what if my youngest son was playing under there??

I vote to keep implements on the ground.

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #15  
swampvol said:
My owners manual says that when parking that you should lower your loader and implements all the way to the ground.

What is the reason for this? I would rather not leave them sitting on the ground if its not necessary.

Thanks.
Here's 2 good ones.

To prevent them from crushing someone or something in the event of a hydraulic leak down.

Also to act as an anchor to keep the tractor from rolling away unexpectedly.

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #16  
swampvol said:
My owners manual says that when parking that you should lower your loader and implements all the way to the ground.

What is the reason for this? I would rather not leave them sitting on the ground

Thanks.
Why ?

/ Bucket/implement ups or down?
Premature rust...I am **** about my toys.

A couple of landscape timbers will do the trick.

Thanks for the replies.

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #18  
mchasal said:
I used to do this too, but a friend pointed out that by storing with the bucket tilted, the curl cylinder shafts are exposed. It would be a bigger problem to have rusty cylinders than a rusty bucket. Just something to consider.

I keep my bucket tilted forward to keep the water out. But not because I'm worried about rust. I'm worried about skeeters.

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #19  
JHTFarmer said:
afterward, my oldest son climbed abord the tractor pushed the hitch lever into float. The mower fell and shattered both (500lb)saw horses
like toothpicks as it fell to the ground

Something's not right here.... if the 3ph is properly set up, an implement should take at least 2 seconds to lower, and the load on whatever it hits shouldn't be significantly greater than the weight of the implement. Does your mower drop like a rock? Otherwise I think your sawhorses were not nearly up to their rated capacity.

I would have thought your method was totally safe. I guess your next bet would be to use jackstands to hold it up - I wanna hear about the mower that shatters some cast iron jackstands!

/ Bucket/implement ups or down? #20  
"Something's not right here.... if the 3ph is properly set up, an implement should take at least 2 seconds to lower, and the load on whatever it hits shouldn't be significantly greater than the weight of the implement. Does your mower drop like a rock?"

On the Deere CUTs, there is a "rate of drop" knob. You can either lock the 3PH at a height, or "drop it like a rock".
Take a look at your manual for this control. There's probably nothing wrong with the set up...the knob may just be adjusted to allow too quick a drop.

JHTFarmer, if you have a Deere, the knob will be on the panel between your legs.