Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #1  

n8wrl

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I have rear remotes installed on my L5030 and I hooked up hoses for the first time yesterday. I found it to be VERY difficult to push the connector into it. The instructions say connect by pushing and it'll pop in. Disconnect by pulling and it will pop out. Neither was very easy - took quite a bit of force to get it in there.

This doesn't make sense to me either - I have quick disconnects elsewhere with the balls that mate and I have to pull back a sleeve to connect/disconnect. This doesn't seem to work that way - the connections are recessed within the block.

What am I doing wrong? Should this be easier?

-Brian

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #2  
I have the same remotes installed on my L3130. The lock sleeve is retained in the mounting block to make it a one handed operation. The force required depends on several factors but primarily on how flexible the hoses coming from the valve are. You won't be able to do it at all if the tractor is running. It does take considerable force to couple the QDs but I have found a sharp jerk works well to uncouple but watch what is behind your elbow when you do. Be sure to check the fluid level frequently as you will lose a little fluid every time you disconnect and over time unless you wash your tractor frequently a dirty mess will build up around the QD blocks.

This type of QD mounting is a problem in a way but I like the one handed capability. Over time the effort required seems to lessen.

Vernon

Last edited:
   / Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #3  
My CNH tractor has somehting similar. You give a quick shove to seat the DQ.. when you want to remove it, you give a quick shove, then pull.

Sundguy

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #4  
If your hydraulic implement has had its temperature increase (e.g. sitting in the sun), the heat will expand the fluid within the circuit and increase the pressure on the ball in the connection. It can be nearly impossible to hook up these if the pressure is too high.

Wrap a rag around the end of the QD and just tap the ball with a hammer, or push it against a hard, immovable object. It will let out a teaspoon or two of oil, but will decrease the pressure to allow easier hookup.

If the tractor side is the problem, cycle the remote in both directions, and make sure you're back to neutral. This should take care of increased pressure problems there.

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #5  
Good tips there, DocHeb.

I just had remotes put on for a hyd. PHD. The first (and, so far, only) time I hooked them up they took more force than I was expecting too.

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #6  
With the tractor off, move the remote handle around so that any residual pressure is relieved in the hoses before trying to hook the connectors.

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #7  
JerryG said:
With the tractor off, move the remote handle around so that any residual pressure is relieved in the hoses before trying to hook the connectors.
That's what I do when removing and installing the bh.

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #8  
Soundguy said:
My CNH tractor has something similar. You give a quick shove to seat the DQ.. when you want to remove it, you give a quick shove, then pull.

Sundguy

Just as Soundguy says, push in, then pull out. Sort of 1 quick motion.

Good luck:)

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #9  
I haven't noticed that pushing in first lessened the force required to pull it out.

Vernon

/ Connecting/Disconnecting rear remotes #10  
The rear remotes on my L4400 are the same way. Not very intuitive and a bit of a hassle. Also agree with moving the lever back and forth and tapping the end to let a little oil out.