Removing ~50 Hardwood Stumps

/ Removing ~50 Hardwood Stumps #21  
John,

I agree with you completely, but question how much clay over a stump is needed to encapsulate it? My land is all clay, so that's what my personal expeirence is. I've found stumps, lumber and branches burried in the ground from when it was logged about a dozen years ago. There is no sign of rot on any of them. When they log here, they lay branched down of the ground and drive over them to create a road. Allot of those branches are just 6 inches under the ground and in perfect condition.

Because of this observation on my land, I've been burying stumps in my pastures. In time, I may regret this, but burning stumps is something I try to avoid if possible. I know that's a huge pain in the rear, and for me, it will be allot easier to dump some dirt in a low spot if it happens. After four years of burying stumps in my fields, I don't have any sign of anything rotting, or the ground settling.

Eddie

/ Removing ~50 Hardwood Stumps
Thanks for all the great info everyone. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but at a minimum get some estimates for some pros to do the work ... although, I'm having a hard time finding anything but pros that will grind them.