Grading Box Blade Clips

/ Box Blade Clips #2  
Timber,
Thanks for the clips. Seeing both a tractor the size of the B7800, and the box blade in action make it easier to visualize what both are capable of. Having the BB wider than your rear wheels sure made things easier in those tight quarters...

/ Box Blade Clips #3  
Timber

Good job I don't think it was to long. It is not very often I get to see a
tractor simliar to mine do something.
Now how would you like to try that with a Wired Haired Fox Terrier on your
lap?

Stanley

/ Box Blade Clips
I am glad you enjoyed the clips. I don't think my dogs want anything to do with my tractor LOL. in fact my Little Fawn fell in the pool this morning with the solar cover on it. My wife couldn't tell me if she damaged the liner. I can only hope not. I was afraid of that happening.

Chuck you are right the Box Blade being wider than the wheels is great. I find this tractor a perfect size for what I do with it. I am amazed at how small a space I can work it with it.

I am trying to learn how to make the best use of my camcorder. I have the posting and the hosting sight figured out now I just have to learn how to edit everything LOL. I can sit and watch tractors work for hours. I find it totally fascinating, always have

/ Box Blade Clips #5  
Great job Timber, you make it look easy in tight quarters
Nice place you have there

/ Box Blade Clips #6  
liddingt said:
Timber

Good job I don't think it was to long. It is not very often I get to see a
tractor simliar to mine do something.
Now how would you like to try that with a Wired Haired Fox Terrier on your
lap?

Stanley

My Jack Russell is my tractoring companion, she loves riding and watching everything untill she sees something:)

/ Box Blade Clips #7  
Al

Timber has done a good job putting his video in TBN, lets not change the
subject. However Jack Russel and Fox terriers are very much alike.
My Blossom, she is a Kubota girl, all I have to say is Kubota time and
she gets excited. Perhaps sometime I can put a short video of her on TBN.
And I sure there are others out there who stories of their dogs and tractors

Stanley

/ Box Blade Clips #8  
Timber,

I enjoyed watching both of your clips.

Having never used a Box Blade I have a question. Unlike a bulldozer blade where the ends of the cutting edge flair out so you can see what elevation you have the blade at from the operators seat, the ends of the box blade are flat.

When you use the blade in reverse, are you looking inside the box to see what elevation the blade is pushing the material at and adjust the height from there?

BucketHoe

/ Box Blade Clips
LOL I am a dog lover myself. any dog topic is welcome I think to any thread. I couldn't ever imagine my life with no dog in it.

The box Blade also has a blade inside the box facing the other way. The Box blade is not a very good Dozer as the 3 point lift arms will bend if you push on them too hard. Rob (3rrl) did an entire thread on this. He has bent up and rebuilt his 3 point Arms to take this abuse. To answer your question though I can see the edge of the Box blade sides that and I can feel how much I am pushing. The angle the box is set at changes how it cuts too. I personally wouldn't push compacted soil with it but as far as spreading out soil and regrading it is a great tool to compliment the Loader

/ Box Blade Clips #10  
that was painful.

push the dirt out with the fel or back into the dirt so it is kind of flat. one long pushto just kind of spread it out, take off the high spots, fill in the holes. push the dirt in front of you.

then work it in 5 full passes. the 16 minute movie should have been a 4 minute movie.