SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I've noticed slight amount of hydraulic fluid on the top of loader arm attachment right below QD's. Never see drips or spray of fluid, so it is very slow leak. I keep checking the fluid level and it has stayed with normal range for over a week, confirming very slow loss. However, it is just annoying to see that area wet all the time. It collects dust and debris more than dry surface. What is the drill to replace those QD's??

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #2  
flINTLOCK said:
I've noticed slight amount of hydraulic fluid on the top of loader arm attachment right below QD's. Never see drips or spray of fluid, so it is very slow leak. I keep checking the fluid level and it has stayed with normal range for over a week, confirming very slow loss. However, it is just annoying to see that area wet all the time. It collects dust and debris more than dry surface. What is the drill to replace those QD's??

Just disconnect and reconnect...that might fix it right there.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S
Should have mentioned that I've already done that. Sorry.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #4  
Try this:
Disconnect the QD's.
Male fittings:
put a rag over the end and tap it with a mallet. You'll get a squirt of hydraulic fluid....that flushes out the tip
Female fittings:
(easier with two people)
rag over the end
Use a punch (flat end, like a drift pin) and insert into the QD. Punch should be no bigger then the spring loaded closure on the QD
Tap the drift pin.
That flushes out the female fitting.

The intent, of course, is to flush away any dirt or debris then may be preventing the QD from having a proper seal. I should expect you've only got one leaking, so if you know which one...do the process on that one only.
I'm also assuming the leak is where the QD's connect. If it's where the QD fitting is swaged into the hose, you may have to replace the hose.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #5  
I had a leak on mine (JD) until I replaced the o'rings inside the female QD. A small screwdriver with the tip bent makes it a piece of cake. Might be the same problem with yours.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S
Good info. Thanks. I have a hydraulic shop just down the road. Real nice guys. Might let them play with it.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #7  
your leak may just be a little dirt or an O ring, both easy fixes
:)

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #8  
In a pinch you can even use an o-ring pic ( wink)

soundguy

gator said:
I A small screwdriver with the tip bent makes it a piece of cake. Might be the same problem with yours.

/ SLIGHT LEAK AT QD'S #9  
Soundguy said:
In a pinch you can even use an o-ring pic ( wink)

soundguy
I meant to say that too!:D