NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES??

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I have one dealer installed rear remote to operate hydraulic toplink that I purchased from CCM. If I want to operate hydraulically activated spreader switch by rear remote, can I disconnect HTL, connect remote to spreader switch after getting HTL set for operation, or will the HTL length drift after being disconnected. I realize that I could switch out the HTL for regular TL for spreading to free up the remote. Just hypothetical question. Any takers??

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #2  
Unless you have leaks.. you could say.. lift a lift cyl.. then unplug, then swap to another cyl.

for instance.. my ford 5000 only has 1 remote.. my batwing needs 2... ( my NH 7610s has the needed 2 remotes.. ).

1 set is for tail wheel lift.. like for transporting it.. the other is wing lift.

While it is a bit of foot work.. you can lift the mower and flip down the safety transport bracket.. relaxe the hyds, and then swap over and fold the wings, lock them in for transport.. drive to the field. lower the wings, and then swap back over to tail wheels to set them...

All depends on the amount of work ya want to do.. Course you could get more remotes.. or diverters..e tc..

Soundguy

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #3  
Oh come on!! Just get more remotes installed. You can never have too many remotes!;) You never know when you might want to use a box blade with hydraulic scarifiers with a hydraulic toplink and hydraulic lift links!:D I saw one of those gigantic New Hollands that had the option of up to NINE remotes!!:eek: And I thought my 3 were overkill.

Just makin' conversation.

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #4  
I agree never can have too many remotes. However it can get ugly looking.
I have one rear on a NH 1320. I am in the process of adding a diverter so I can have two. But I really want three. one for snow plow angle ,one for top link and one for snow blower chute rotation. I guess I am going to use a non hydraulic top link when I use the blower. Need a new tractor with more remotes. I think Kubota has 3 on a 30 hp machine. NH only has 2 on the 30 hp. nine huh cool must be interesting remembering which lever to pull.

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #5  
For the sake of, well I don't know what the sake of, I can't think of why anybody would need more than 6 remotes on one of our type of tractors.:D
2 for top'n'tilt and 4 for a complete hydraulic rear blade with hydraulic gauge wheels.

Does anybody know of a reason that would require more remotes than that?
I'm sure that the big farm rigs have uses, but what about the tractors that most of us have here on TBN? Most of us think that 3 is a lot.:)

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #6  
flINTLOCK said:
I have one dealer installed rear remote to operate hydraulic toplink that I purchased from CCM. If I want to operate hydraulically activated spreader switch by rear remote, can I disconnect HTL, connect remote to spreader switch after getting HTL set for operation, or will the HTL length drift after being disconnected. I realize that I could switch out the HTL for regular TL for spreading to free up the remote. Just hypothetical question. Any takers??

Your CCM HTL will not drift due to the DPOCVs installed. you can use the remote for something else and reconnect to the HTL only when you need to change its position.

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES??
Beautiful. I thought that I read that they will not drift due to their configuration, but never hurts to check. Thanks.

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #8  
MtnViewRanch said:
For the sake of, well I don't know what the sake of, I can't think of why anybody would need more than 6 remotes on one of our type of tractors.:D
2 for top'n'tilt and 4 for a complete hydraulic rear blade with hydraulic gauge wheels.

Does anybody know of a reason that would require more remotes than that?
I'm sure that the big farm rigs have uses, but what about the tractors that most of us have here on TBN? Most of us think that 3 is a lot.:)

Well, I cannot think of what on earth you'd use 9 remotes for but they are available. It's the New Holland TJ530. One serious machine at 530hp and 489 PTO hp!!

Attachments

• TJ530-016-04r.jpg
    TJ530-016-04r.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 163
   / NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #9  
jinman said:
Your CCM HTL will not drift due to the DPOCVs installed. you can use the remote for something else and reconnect to the HTL only when you need to change its position.

SWEET!! I gotta get me one of those HTLs!:D

/ NOT ENOUGH REAR REMOTES?? #10  
Glowplug said:
Well, I cannot think of what on earth you'd use 9 remotes for but they are available. It's the New Holland TJ530. One serious machine at 530hp and 489 PTO hp!!

I think one set of remotes is used for the Shiatsu massage unit built into the seat! :D