Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Default IH 886 dash light problem...means what?

Here's pic of it. Don't know what it means, it comes on and goes back out. New tractor to us so I don't have any history with it.

I THINK the light was coming on a bit when I applied the brakes, then again, later on, I specifically looked and it was NOT coming on when brakes were applied.

So, if you know what this light is for, I'd love to know...also, there was a light NEXT to it, immediate right. As I recall, I've only seen the right light on once and I THINK it looked something like a rain drop.

I know a raindrop isn't a great description but I only saw it for a moment and wasn't really looking at it. It's not been on since NOR do they come on when you simply turn the key on (machine off). I don't see any kind of dash light test button so I don't know how to make it come on.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Tractor
    Fullsized JCB Loader/Backhoe

Default Re: IH 886 dash light problem...means what?

seems I lost the pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Here's pic of it. Don't know what it means, it comes on and goes back out. New tractor to us so I don't have any history with it.

I THINK the light was coming on a bit when I applied the brakes, then again, later on, I specifically looked and it was NOT coming on when brakes were applied.

So, if you know what this light is for, I'd love to know...also, there was a light NEXT to it, immediate right. As I recall, I've only seen the right light on once and I THINK it looked something like a rain drop.

I know a raindrop isn't a great description but I only saw it for a moment and wasn't really looking at it. It's not been on since NOR do they come on when you simply turn the key on (machine off). I don't see any kind of dash light test button so I don't know how to make it come on.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Uh....It's not RAINdrops, but an OIL drop. Looks like oil pressure or temp. Could be transmission oil, hydraulic oil, engine oil temp/pressure/level. Not that familiar with your model, so I'm generalizing, but that's DEFINATELY an oil issue of some description.

If you're familiar with Yesterdays Tractors website, jump over there and holler for "Tractor Vet" or "Allan in Ne" on tractor talk forum.. They know IH inside and out.
    Last edited by Farmwithjunk; 05-14-2007 at 09:47 PM.
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    seems I lost the pic

I know this post is old, but my manual says the light is for "Transmission Oil Pressure".