ford 1710 water pump

/ ford 1710 water pump #1  

randy41

Veteran Member
looks like the water pump on my tractor gave it up. it seized. heres hoping a replacement is readily available.

/ ford 1710 water pump #2  
I use to own a 1910, much like your 1710. Put 3 water pumps on it before I got rid of it. Good little tractors.

Pumps should be readily available , New $$$ , They use to sell rebuild kits for the pumps. I let Ford NH parts man talk me out of the rebuild kit first time, He said they were hard to rebuild and did not last long. Rebuild kits still high $$ for what you get but about half the price of new water pump. If you are handy they are no problem to rebuild and last just as long.

Sorry don't remember prices - but brace yourself!! Don't get the fan belt too tight , that severely reduces water pump life.

/ ford 1710 water pump
i went for the aftermarket pump. 1/3 the price of oem. thanks for the tip on the fanbelt.

/ ford 1710 water pump #4  
How big of a job is it to replace a water pump on my 1710 ford tractor and is the O-ring the only gasket that it takes

/ ford 1710 water pump
its been a while but i don't remember it being anything difficult. i think the radiator has to be removed. the repair manual shows just the o ring. its been 7 years so i don't really remember how it went.

/ ford 1710 water pump #6  
OK thanks. It doesn't look like that big of a job. Thanks for the info.

/ ford 1710 water pump #7  
Tractor is getting some age on it, my I suggest hoses and a new thermostat while it's apart. I believe it had a small bypass hose on the top too.