What's wrong with this picture?

/ What's wrong with this picture? #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
Uh.... The tire's missing.

While bush hogging today, I found a nail someone lost. It was a slow leaker. The fluid (ca/cl) leaked out of the tube but stayed in the tire....for a while anyway. It started leaking out the nail hole in the tire. We got the bulk of the fluid pumped out, but the tube was trashed. (valve stem ripped out of tube while driving out to the trailer) No spare tube on the shelf (like there SHOULD have been.) Gotta make a trek to the tire store tomorrow. Meanwhile, since the tires were mounted 12 years ago, rims had a bit of rust. Time to wire wheel and paint the rim in case it's another 12 years before I see it again.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Attachments

• rim1.JPG
    rim1.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 860
  • rim2.JPG
    rim2.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 737
  • rim3.JPG
    rim3.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 684
   / What's wrong with this picture? #2  
No wonder your stuff lasts forever Farm! You had some good learnin' somewhere along the way :) You sure take great care of all of your equipment.

Sorry to hear about the flat but thanks for sharing the pics and reminding us all of the way things should be done.

/ What's wrong with this picture? #3  
Nice looking machine! Is that a MF 165?

/ What's wrong with this picture? #4  
Farmwithjunk said:

While bush hogging today, I found a nail someone lost.

Mornin Bill,
There goes yesterdays profits ! ;) :)

/ What's wrong with this picture? #5  
From what I can see of that tractor it doesn’t look like you are Farming with Junk. :) Now that you are doing a mowing business are flats enough of a problem to consider foam filling? I know it is expensive and not the best ride but it sure does eliminate down time if flats are a problem.

MarkV

/ What's wrong with this picture?
scott_vt said:
Mornin Bill,
There goes yesterdays profits ! ;) :)

Tube $41
Bag of ca/cl $9.95
Night off the tractor....PRICELESS

/ What's wrong with this picture?
MarkV said:
From what I can see of that tractor it doesn’t look like you are Farming with Junk. :) Now that you are doing a mowing business are flats enough of a problem to consider foam filling? I know it is expensive and not the best ride but it sure does eliminate down time if flats are a problem.

MarkV

Not going to foam the tires on the Massey. We're looking at doing the Ford 3000. I'm looking at buying another tractor as a dedicated mowing tractor. Even kicking around the idea of NEW with a cab. The 6430 Deere has a cab and 1 day in the seat spoiled me rotten.

/ What's wrong with this picture? #10  
Farmwithjunk said:

While bush hogging today, I found a nail someone lost. It was a slow leaker. The fluid (ca/cl) leaked out of the tube but stayed in the tire....for a while anyway. It started leaking out the nail hole in the tire. We got the bulk of the fluid pumped out, but the tube was trashed. (valve stem ripped out of tube while driving out to the trailer) No spare tube on the shelf (like there SHOULD have been.) Gotta make a trek to the tire store tomorrow. Meanwhile, since the tires were mounted 12 years ago, rims had a bit of rust. Time to wire wheel and paint the rim in case it's another 12 years before I see it again.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
Any plans on investing in "metal" jack stands? I too have used blocks of wood, concrete, bricks, etc. in a pinch to get something propped up, but in the shop? Maybe you have some under it that is not in the picture. If that block fails, and you end up pinned under the tractor, you may not get out of bed for a long time. (Friendly reminder):eek: