Default kubota L3010

i have a 2001 L3010 with LA482 front end loader. can anyone tell me what type of valve to use for remote outlet--open or closed center?? my local dealer where i bought it is of absolutely no help. i have ordered the $125 repair manual but i'm beginning to think it's not coming.

Default Re: kubota L3010

Dave, open centered valve.

bird---thanks for the input, the only answer i have ever gotten from anyone. how do the loader and the remote both work off of an open center system? just a question. i'm trying to learn something here. i'm a fair mechanic but this one has me stumped-----dave

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Cat D5G dozer, Kubota KX121 excavtor

Normally (when neither implement is being operated), the fluid flows freely through both the loader and aux valve. This is where the term "open Center" comes from. When the controls are centered i.e. not being operated, they are open between the in and out ports and fluid flows right through. At least this is how I remember it.

When you operate one of the valves, it diverts some portion of the fluid to the implement. The excess continues to flow through providing power, allbeit reduced in capacity, to the downstream implements.

thanks hayden--i appreciate the help--dave

Dave, Hayden is right. In the past someone posted a link to one or more hydraulics web sites that went into great detail, but I don't remember where or when.

In addition to the valves being open centered, as Hayden described, I think your loader valve has a Power Beyond port (probably labelled "PB"). You have an inlet from the pump, outlet back to the sump, and power beyond that allows the flow to continue through the circuit to the auxilliary valve (if you have one) and continues on to the 3-point hitch, so that (at least theoretically) you could be operating the loader valves and the 3-point simultaneously. When I added the auxilliary valve to my B2710, I used an open centered valve (a must), but am not using the Power Beyond (it's just plugged). That means if I'm using the auxilliary valve I cannot raise the 3-point simultaneously (don't need to and don't have enough hands to operate them all at the same time anyway), but if I needed to, I could run a hose from the power beyond port to where the outlet hose now goes and then I would need to run the current outlet hose from the valve to the sump.

Hope that makes sense.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota B7610

bird---yes it does make sense. thank you very much--dave