What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #1  

catvet

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39
Can anyone identify the object in the picture below? I took this out of my Rear tractor tire today. Caused a bit of a hole.
to see what we think it is go to reply #6 in this link.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/103347-how-big-hole-can-you.html#post1172381

DSCN4945.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4944.JPG
    DSCN4944.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN4946.JPG
    DSCN4946.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 185
   / What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #2  
That is the base of a deer antler horn that has been wittled down from rodents eating on it for the minerals.

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #3  
That would be part of a deer antler, more specifically it looks like a brow tine that has broken off, proably youran over the antler just right where it broke the tine off the antler when your tire ran over it. It happens every once in a while, not as often as it should as I have seen ground I've plowed, disced and planted then later after a few rains I find an antler laying on top of the ground as clean as can be.. wondering how it didn't end up in a tire.

I once saw one wrapped in between duals on a big tractor where it punched holes (plural) in each tire. It was a BIG shed antler too and nobody in the area had ever seen a deer that would have had it on it's head. Kinda makes you wonder how many deer are in some places that can hide well enough not to be seen by people and how wide ranging deer are.

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #4  
It isn't often that a deer gets to take out a vehicle without giving up its own life.

Keep that antler on the mantle piece, it should make for some interesting stories.

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #5  
Was the rest of the deer in the other tire?

jb

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #6  
BIRDHUNTER1,

""It was a BIG shed antler too and nobody in the area had ever seen a deer that would have had it on it's head. Kinda makes you wonder how many deer are in some places that can hide well enough not to be seen by people and how wide ranging deer are.""

WHOA! I'd like to have seen that one. I used to quail and rabbit hunt down at Oakwood bottoms/ Turkey bayou almost every weekend years ago and saw some monsters (not the Big Muddy kind-the antlered kind) down there. The biggest shed I've ever found came from just south of M'boro. You guys have Pope & Young deer down in some of the bottoms, like Carter's got little pills.

Darryl

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs #7  
Part II of your title was 'why is it posted in Parts/Repairs'

I think it's posted in repairs because the deer now has a big ole hole in it's head??!!

:D

/ What is it and why is it posted in Parts/Repairs
Thanks for the feedback. The repair I did on the tire held up today under difficult conditions so that's encouraging.