Loader Valve leak

/ Loader Valve leak #1  

ChuckinVA

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7610
I noticed today that my loader valve was leaking where the compression fitting goes into the valve. Looks like it would be easy to tighten... if you could get a wrench between the cowling on the engine or between the control valve and the loader arm. Anyone have a suggestion on how to do this ? All of the fittings are close together so It will take a rather slender wrench to do it. Looks like the fitting is larger than 1"

/ Loader Valve leak #2  
Chuck,
I purchase a set of slip open combo open & box wrenches set,also rachet combo open and box wrenches from Sears,and they are very handy getting into those tight place to work.

/ Loader Valve leak #3  
Chuck:

Back in my working days I noticed the mechanics had reconfigured wrenches for special projects. Some were ground down so they were real thin. Others had funny bends on the handles.
When I replaced the dynamo on my B7100 I had to bend a wrench for the removal of one specific bolt. It made removal real easy but when putting things together it was no fun trying to start that bolt.

Egon

/ Loader Valve leak
Thanks Egon and Thomas.
After looking at the problem a little closer it looks like I will have to loosen each fitting from the outside in and then tighten the one that is loose and work my way back out. It seems like a lot of trouble to do it this way but I don't see any other way to do it. It is just too tight an area to work in. I have a good selection of tools as my father in law was a Lincoln Auto mechanic and I bought all of his tools after he passed away. I know what you mean about making tools work for one task. He worked on transmissions mostly and he had a number of tools that he had welded pieces on to and ground down to fit in a particular area. some of them I have never had a use for . Others I have. Hopefully it will be clear and warm tomorrow and I can get started getting the leak fixed. Thanks again !