WIX Filters vs OEM Filters

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #11  
firemanpat2910 said:
I use wix on everything except my Powerstroke, It gets a Rancor filter.

As a fellow Powerstroke owner, what is Rancor, brand, type, both ?
Thanks

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #12  
cp1969 said:
Wouldn't that require a disclaimer in the warranty?

Its illegal to void a warrenty simply because an aftermarket filter was used. However in this case, the filter failed. Obviously they are not going to pay for the failure of a product thats not theirs.

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #13  
wix/napa will warrent the engine if it was their fault.if the filter split because of def engine no deal

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters
Pat - I'm a Powerstroke owner also. Why do you stay with the Rancor filter (I assume fuel) rather than the Wix?

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #15  
MIKEKUBOTA said:
Pat - I'm a Powerstroke owner also. Why do you stay with the Rancor filter (I assume fuel) rather than the Wix?

I got a 02 Stroker... I've purchased the racor filters for 12.00 each.. That's why I use them...

Haven't had a problem yet, but I change it every 12K miles

Musclford

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #16  
DmansPadge said:
I normally use WIX filters for everything. They make a good filter and I can get them at the local parts store. I will be needing a few filters for the tractor fairly soon.... so I crossed my numbers over to WIX and checked prices online at O'reilly for the WIX (where I buy them locally) and Kubota filters at Messicks. The WIX filters were more expensive than Kubota. I don't need them yet so I haven't bought them. I'll probably end up with the Kubota filters because I also need to get some UDT... so I'll just make a trip to the dealer (25 miles away) next time I head in their direction.
Thanks for the links, DmansPadge. Didn't know they existed. Will be very helpful.:)

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #17  
Bill Barrett said:
As a fellow Powerstroke owner, what is Rancor, brand, type, both ?
Thanks

Rancor is the manufacture of the oem filter, they are also the maker of the fram and motorcraft filters as well as the international brand. with all the early problems with the 6.0 powerstroke ford has been real picky on warranty issues, so I stick with the stock filters, and from what I have read on a Ford truck fourum they are better then the knockoffs or will fits.

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #18  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Its illegal to void a warrenty simply because an aftermarket filter was used. However in this case, the filter failed. Obviously they are not going to pay for the failure of a product thats not theirs.

What analysis method did your dealership use to determine the filter was defective and that the engine did not over-pressure the filter?

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #19  
tlbuser said:
What analysis method did your dealership use to determine the filter was defective and that the engine did not over-pressure the filter?

I'm guessing they used the photonic method. Looked to see if it was a K filter that split.

Usually, a clogged filter element is much much much much weaker than the steel used in the housing. If anything should blow out, the element or the by pass is where that happens. I am again guessing, but it sounds like a faulty seam, crimp or weld failed. Never heard of an oil pump going up to 1000 psi and blowing out a non-defective filter case. Could happen, but never heard of it.

I do wonder if that defective filter was made in China....

jb

/ WIX Filters vs OEM Filters #20  
This weekend I found myself in need of a fuel filter for my Kubota B21. It being Sunday I picked up a Wix filter at Orilleys, It was the correct fit and worked well. Cost $5.65 . Monday I went to my Kubota dealer to pick up a spare so I don't get stuck using after market parts again, The O.E.M. Kubota filter $2.79, Amazing!
Jack