Bodywork on a JD 445

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #1  

AndyF

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200 & B7200
My 5 yr old took a cross cut saw to the hood of my JD 445 and did some damage. I'd like to repair the saw cuts and repaint the hood. Any recommendations on how to best fill the saw cuts?

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #2  
I assume its a plastic/fiberglass hood. I would put a coat of tigerhair on the underside and then fill the top with body putty. If it is a metal hood, get some body repair sheet metal from an auto parts store, spot weld it to the underside, and fill the top with body putty.

Ed King

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #4  
<font color=red>Oh... To be a child again... </font color=red>

I don't know about that. I think my butt would not have enjoyed the educational experience.

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #5  
In one of my Covette magazines in the letters section a man wrote in and said that his son washed daddy's prize with steel wool./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I guess he only got the lower half of one side before he was caught but still.

Jeff

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #6  
Andy,

If it's fiberglass, let me know. That is what I do for a living. I will coach you through it.

/ Bodywork on a JD 445 #7  
Andy, kids will be kids and you got to luv'em/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif----------but------- my daddy would have kicked my a$$./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

MarkV