JD Rockshaft Filter

/ JD Rockshaft Filter #1  

hoghead

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300
I wanted to share an experience with all you TBN John Deere guys.When doing the 50 hr service on my JD 4300 hydro the book talked about cleaning the rockshaft filter screen. Low and behold, when I dissassembled the piping for access to the filter, and removed the valve there was not a filter screen where it should have been. Now I'm starting to panic...Hmmm did the screen not get put in from the factory or did it dislodge during use ? Any way I decided that since it was still under warranty I would give the dealer a call. The first response was to get the tractor to the shop to inspect the rockshaft cylinder for any damage from a dislodged screen. Second conversation was about the "new and improved filter". When I inquired about this he explained that the newer tractors had an in line replaceable canister filter. So, The dealer came and got the tractor and will replace piping to include the new and improved filter!!What a difference the dealer makes!!I was just wondering if any of you other JD owners have had the same experience.

/ JD Rockshaft Filter #2  
hoghead
I had the same problem with mine. your dealer will fix it under warrinty. my screen was down the tube.
DDT