DX55 doesnot go.

/ DX55 doesnot go. #1  

Renovator

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case IH DX55
Hello TBNer's
First time starting a post. I have a Dx55 with a power shuttle transmission. After starting the tractor sometimes the tractor wont shift into gear. This happens after the engine is shut off and then restarted. Has anyone any suggestions how to remedy this problem. I have made the adjustments acording to the operators manual. Then the clutch is jumpy.

Renovator

/ DX55 doesnot go. #2  
On my TC55da i have to push the inching or clutch pedal in before the shifter will engage the transmission after the tractor is turned off and restarted or i leave the seat and return. This may be the problem there is a few thing to read about the transmission in the manual . I have not had to adjust the clutch or inching pedal yet .

/ DX55 doesnot go.
My DX55 is the same when I push in the Inching pedal after starting tractor some times it will not go so I try to adjust the pedal then it works for awhile.
Renovator

/ DX55 doesnot go. #4  
When i shift the shuttle i have to lift up on it the first time to shuttle in gear if i push it foward without lifting the shuttle lever it wont go in gear. If that dont work there may be a adjustment for it or the inching pedal that the dealer could do . I dont have a service manual to check the operation spec's. There should be a part's breakdown on the Case web site for your tractor . I hope this help's.

/ DX55 doesnot go.
It is supposed to rain on Thursday. Ill take it tothe dealer. I am hoping It will malfunction when there. The dealer will give me a loaner But i am spraying drainage ditches and need a light 4wd with a rollbar. So I am using it I think it is either the cable or a loose wire. Moved a plug while sitting on tractor and it moved foward the last time it gave me trouble tonight tomorow Iwill clean the plug to see if that helps.
Renovator

/ DX55 doesnot go.
Igot my tractor back today. The problem was in the EHSS box. Put new one on off another tractor in the lot. I get there and I get on and it wouldnot go. Mechanic gets on works fine. Did a job worked fine except it stopped moving twice shifted to neutral then it went. After that it worked fine. I think it was trying to tell me it still had control. So anyway I was happy the way the dealership handled Renovator

/ DX55 doesnot go.
Igot my tractor back today. The problem was in the EHSS box. Put new one on off another tractor in the lot. I get there and I get on and it wouldnot go. Mechanic gets on works fine. Did a job worked fine except it stopped moving twice shifted to neutral then it went. After that it worked fine. I think it was trying to tell me it still had control. I was happy the way the dealership handled it. Renovator

/ DX55 doesnot go. #8  
What is an EHSS box?

/ DX55 doesnot go. #9  
The little black ehss box i read where someone had one replaced i dont know much about them. The stopping and going to neutral may be that you got off of the seat while operating the tractor may be the saftey seat switch. I would read about your transmission and shuttle in the manual carefully there is some things you need to know to operate your tractor safe if you havent already. We find if you keep the seat belt on it is less likely to let the seat saftey switch engage and then shift to neutral. Be safe.

/ DX55 doesnot go. #10  
Now sure about the box part unless it is part of the controllers. New Holland usually means [SIZE=-1]Electro-Hydraulic Shuttle Shift (EHSS) transmission when they use the letters EHSS.
[/SIZE]