pto reverser for kubota b6000

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #1  

dnodolf

I know I'm asking for the impossible, but I would like to find a pto reverser for a kubota b6000, I have the original rototiller, which works fine with the pto, but I would like the option of using standard equipment thanks don

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #2  
They are available, but not cheap. If you are, or know a machinist, you might build one, as they aren't too complicated. We thought about building one, but the owner of the B6000 decided to go another way. He re-engineered a mower that I had to work in reverse. All it took was changing the idler pullies so they would keep the belts tight going the opposite way, and putting new blades on it, that cut in the opposite direction. He is pretty handy but he did all that in one afternoon. The blades he found for the finish mower were 1/2" shorter than the originals, but they don't leave a gap as they cut, so that is the main thing.
He looked at a couple of the old bush hogs I have and considered putting reverse cutting blades on them. The finish mower does the cutting he needs so he didn't do the bush hog, although it would probably be easier than the finish mower.
What other attachments do you want to be able to use?
David from jax

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #3  
I am going to sound real stupid here, but throw me a bone, what is a PTO reverser and what would it run, what would it do for a mower, or any other PTO equipment:confused: why would a roto tiller work but not "regular" equipment???????????

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #4  
A lot of the B6000 grey market tractors came with tillers that bolt right onto the rear of the housing. No pto shafts to speak of in the normal sense of the term. The diesel engines also turn the opposite direction, so the output for the pto is basically turning backwards. I think Woods offers a mower for these reverse turning pto shafts, but some people buy a reverser that attaches to the pto and changes the direction of turn so "regular" implements can be used, without having to be concerned about which way the thing rotates. Don't feel bad about not knowing that there are tractors that turn the reverse way. I worked on one and didn't realize it until days later.
David from jax

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #5  
Well one more thing to add to the memory bank;) Thanks for the education:)

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #7  
$775 from that site.

I decided it was cheaper just to sell my B6000 and find something different.

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000
the one from yenbiz is a 18spine input, and most of the b6000 that were imported into the US have a 10 spline shaft. The pto reverser needs to have a 1" 10 spline input and a 1 3/8" 6 spline output, with a 1:1 GEAR RATIO. there are pto reversers out there, but they are hard to come by. the farmall has the right size shaft, but the gearing isn't right, as the pto runs too fast.

/ pto reverser for kubota b6000 #9  
I think the B6000 has a 25 mm diameter shaft, but since I don't own one, I can't go measure it.
David from jax