Kubota L210 starter

/ Kubota L210 starter #1  

Rpelkey

Since this starter has become harder and harder to locate. Parts to repair are getting more dificult to find. So far can not find solenoid or center contact plate inside solenoid to rebuild, Has anyone found a starter from another tractor model or type that will fit and start the tractor. Starter I have really only needs solenoid rebuilt, We do not have a quality repair shop in our area and have told me that the soleniod assy can not be rebuilt. Dealers I have contacted said the soleniod is no longer available from Kubota. Numbers on my starter are Nippondenso 028000-0971 the replacement solenoid from Kubota is 17012-63020. If anybody could help me locate parts or a used starter would be greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota L210 starter #2  
Also had a L-210 Starter problems sent to repair shop in Oregan they ruined the armature. bought a used from some farm supply it shorted the battery out caused a battery to blow up. Had repaired at automotive started repair place lasted very short time.
Ran good other wise.
One day tied J.D. to front drug maybe 3 feet to get running loaded on trailer drove to Kubota dealier and told him ready to trade. Tractor on trailer as trade in and if they in looking should shut off the engine it is theres. They drove off trailer loaded the new tractor and last I seen of this L-210 it was parked in used tractor area with price reduced.

My only problem with this 210 was the starter and have seen several other comments of starter problems.
Could not locate any exchange from other types of tractors.
Wish you luck on your search.

/ Kubota L210 starter
Started search on internet. Have been sending out e-mails to everyone going down the list, have not recieved many back yet but the ones that do come back no parts available or out of stock. Tractorsmart.com does not carry any parts for L210/200 model tractors. I think that since I have full battery power to the solenoid and when the switch is in start position solenoid engages the starter drive, but no power to the other terminal that goes to the motor to make it spin I will try to make a Ford solenoid setup by-pass the kubota soleniod. By placing ford solenoid in between battery terminal and motor terminal. In effect have two soleniods to operate the starter.

/ Kubota L210 starter #5  
First a short story. My Kubota B2400 (newer) kept clicking when I engaged the starter. I replaced several solenoids and a starter once, kept doing it. The REAL problem was low voltage to the solenoid (<9V) because of the small gauge wiring thru the interlocks. Miracle cure: buy a starter relay kit from John Deere ($25 or less). If this seems to be your problem I'd gladly look up the part number for you. Check voltage at the solenoid with starter solenoid engaged.

e mail jkgwuf@centurytel.net

/ Kubota L210 starter
Starter engage have 11.9 volts at battery wire on solenoid and 0 volts on terminal coming out of solenoid to starter body thus no spin of motor. When I jump battery terminal on solenoid to the other terminal with heavy gauge wire the motor spins. When I disassemble the solenoid the contact bolts are worn down so the center contact does not touch. It is not a normal round plate like most. It is a semi-flat bar, Thus the trouble trying to locate rebuild parts. Hoping to find used starter somewhere.

/ Kubota L210 starter
Just to give everyone and update. I have finally located a replacement starter for the Kubota L210. A John Deere Starter from Utility Tractors model # 5210, 5310, and 5410 with the 2.9L diesel engine is a direct fit. So anyone with the L210 might want to make a note in their service/parts books. For all to know the orignal starter from nippondenso to Kubota was an exclusive contract for this tractor. Parts can no longer be obtained. The Dealer replacement starter is to expensive. The replacement I found this a quarter of the price. Thanks to all that helped me.

/ Kubota L210 starter #8  
I thought parts were available for Kubotas no problem..........
Funny to have to go to Deere to get a Kubota part.
I wonder what the price difference was when the parts were available from both sources.
Deere guys are having to go to Yanmar to get parts for the 50 series tractors 650/750/850 etc.

Incestuous tractors LOL

BTI

BTW I feel your pain we took one in on trade, after trying to get parts we let it go cheap.
The tidbit of info is good to know...Good work!!

/ Kubota L210 starter
The problem with the L210 is that it is a 1972 tractor. Do not have any other problem finding parts except for the starting system. All the other electrical parts can be replaced. Some with very slight mods. I.E. Generator to Alternater and such.

/ Kubota L210 starter #10  
I have fixed those Denso starters by removing the solenoid contacts & building them up with silver solder & filing them flat.I've done that on Toyota & Chrysler starters.May not work in this case?