Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors?

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #1  

Chantyr

Tractor
IH 2444
I have been looking for a rim for my 1967 IH 2444, the rear rim size is a 14.9x24 I found that the 8 lug 8" hole pattern with a 6" hub hole diameter could be more common than I thought, anyone have a good source for tractor rims? Thanks for any help,
B

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #2  
I think I have 3 24 inch 2444 rims...
Where are you at....
Have to check the width.
These came off a 2444 with duals.

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #3  
Sounds like what is on my JD. I have a couple extra rims that are custom made and are hot dipped galvanized. The center is made out of 1/2" plate. Your best deal is to edit your profile with your location, so someone nearby can save you a bunch on shipping.
David from jax

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors?
I'm located in Northern Illinois, id be willing to travel a distance for them,
B

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #5  
I think you better talk to slowrev first, as I am in northwestern Florida. More than just an "afternoon drive". He is a lot closer than me.
David from jax

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #6  
This is a hugeley common wheel and tire set up i'm currently hunting for the same ...The 8 stud 14/24 is used on most combines (rear axle) post late 80's and front wheels off some swathers and some smaller fwa ag tractors ,Wreckers yards are full of these but want a lot of money for them because people like me want to upgrade combine rear axles from 10'00/20's and like to big wheels ,This size of tire is cheap new so i'm going to buy rims off a combine (burned out ) shot blast and paint $70 and buy new tires (300 each) and they are new , A pair of ready to go used are $500-1'000 from a wrecker and tires are never perfect .

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #7  
Try heywheel.com I have ordered several wheels from him to put wider tires on Grey market tractors. He keeps alot of popular rims in stock. He made mine from used rims and new centers.

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #8  
Although mine aren't "off a tractor", as they were custom built by a local wheel manufacturing company, they have 14.9-24 ag tires on them. They were used on a pivot (large sprinkler system for you city guys). Due to the constant rain on the wheels, regular ones don't hold up, so they had a set built, and then hot dipped galvanized to protect them from the enviroment that they live in. Seems this might be another place to look for a set, if someone is changing out a sprinkler system, or removing it to build houses.
David from jax

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors?
Well the best thing I did for my rim issues was post on this forum, thanks for all the great info and keep it coming, thanks again everyone,
Brandt

/ Any good sources for rims for industrial tractors? #10  
Chantyr said:
I'm located in Northern Illinois, id be willing to travel a distance for them,
B
I am in central KY. I will measure them tomorrow and reply back.
Sorry have been busy lately.