ford 1210 manuals

/ ford 1210 manuals #1  

chefirv

Tractor
ford 1210
just bought a 1210 ford tractor and need to purchase some good manuals for this tractor i read awhile back that someone suggested certain detailed manuals.

any info would be great, i plan on doing most of the work myself. thanks

/ ford 1210 manuals #2  
chefirv:

Welcome to TBN :D! I had an old Ford 1100 for many years and it served me very well :). SSBtractor is a great resource for older model tractor owners. Their website is SSB Tractor: Parts, Manuals, Implements for Farm Tractors & Antique Tractors. They sell an I & T Shop Manual (FO-44) for the Ford series 1100 through 2110. There is another good shop manual out there, but I can not remember the title and/or where it can be obtained. I will get back to you when the memory banks fully "kick in". Jay

/ ford 1210 manuals #3  
Yep, the shop manuals Jay mentioned are what you need.

Jay, I had an 1100 followed by the 1210. The 1100 was a good little basic tractor. It did lack the 4wd which I found was of great help plowing snow, pulling, and for ground engaging tools.

As far as the manuals for the 1210, they can be helpful, but for the approx. 18 years I had the 1210, I think pretty much everything was self-explanatory and the basics were covered pretty well in the Owners manual.

chefirv, You should be quite happy with your 1210, I liked mine for many years, it did a lot of work for me, and seldom needed any kind of repair.
Change the engine oil and filter, the fuel filter, and your tranny oil as directed, and it will take you a long way.

Enjoy.

/ ford 1210 manuals #4  
My 1100 was four wheel drive. I know, I broke it and spent several hundred 1985 dollars fixing it. Great little machine, hopefully lasts a lot longer, since I sold it to a friend.
David from jax

/ ford 1210 manuals #5  
My 1100 was 4WD/MFWD as well. In many ways I wish I still had it. It is still for sale at the dealership where I traded it in for my NHTC29DA :(. Maybe they would give it back :rolleyes: Jay