transmission problems

/ transmission problems #1  

garydc

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck20
Recently changed the oils and filters on my b6200 and now I am having trouble with the hydrostatic trans it seems to drive alright for a while then stops either in forward or reverse just like it has no oil pumping also when going downhill it will start to freewheel and the trans doesn't catch up for awhile. Has anyone else had this problem or any suggestions? Does the trans. need rebuilt .love the site & thanks for any help anyone can give.

/ transmission problems #2  
I'm not expert, haven't serviced my trans yet. Sounds like it's starving. I assume the level's ok. Maybe some crud got stirred up. Did you clean the suction screen?

M.D.

/ transmission problems
oil level is good and i also cleaned the screens hopefully not but maybe the trans is done

/ transmission problems #4  
I would pull off the filters and clean the seals. Also, pull the screen again.

It sounds like you have some physical obstruction blocking flow, or a suction air leak.

Next time it does it's trick, jump off and check the fluid for signs of bubbles / foam/ milky look.

jb

/ transmission problems
thank's for your suggestion's and idea's for the easy fixes unfortunatally those were not the problem took the tractor to my dealer tonight for them to do a pressure test on the trans. they think the internal pumpmay have a problem,anyway thanks again and iwill post again when i find out what the problem actually is Gary

/ transmission problems #6  
Did you pre-fill those oil filters when you changed them? If not you may have smoked the vanes on the pump. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

/ transmission problems
thanks for all your tips, it turned out that the charge pump was broken, still operating but not pumping a sufficient supply of oil for the tractor to operate properly. should be back in operation tomorrow.
Gary