TSC Top Link Stupid Question

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #1  

thatguy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
OK, I feel like an idiot but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get that little metal handle thru the 3pt top link that I just bought?

The handle is crimped on both ends and the holes in the 'body' arent big enough to allow the handle to easily slide thru it seems..

What am i missing??

Brian

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #2  
jusr drive it thru with a hammer, then knock down the notches it makes in the body, I know it sounds dumb but that is what works.
rick
P.S. I would FILL the inside with grease as it will be impossible to adjust it in a few years without this

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #3  
A hammer!!!!

Just drive it through the hole .......................:D

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question
Now I really feel stupid.. I started driving the handle thru with a hammer but was a concerned that the handle would fall out (i never thought about hammering the holes back down though)..

thanks for the advise

brian

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #5  
thatguy said:
Now I really feel stupid..

There is absolutely no need to feel that way. We all have done some pretty "stupid" stunts.:eek: I just remembered a dumb thing that I did with a winch line on a D-8 cat. Another story. 'Cides we will never mention it again.:rolleyes:
:D
Mike

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #6  
thatguy:

There are no stupid questions. There might be some stupid answers ;). I lost count a long time ago of less than effective manuvers related to operating and/or repairing my tractor and attachments :eek:. Jay

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #7  
Thats why I love this place....the best info on the net for tractor owners or folks wanting to be, and everyone is welcome in here.

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #9  
Another good tidbit of information from this site. The handle has been in the tool box for the last two years.

/ TSC Top Link Stupid Question #10  
thatguy said:
Now I really feel stupid.. I started driving the handle thru with a hammer but was a concerned that the handle would fall out (i never thought about hammering the holes back down though)..

thanks for the advise

brian

I tack weld my handles in. I dont want them "flopping" back and forth